Stadiums, Ballparks and Arenas in Alabama

Southron

Leading off with Riverwalk Stadium, home of the AA Montgomery Biscuits...

Rvrwalk_Stadium.jpg

2007 spring practice:

Stadium2.jpg

Stadium1.jpg

Freight trains roll by the park - sometimes 2 or 3 per game.

Stadium3.jpg

Stadium_Ext1.jpg

Stadium_Ext3.jpg

Stadium_Ext2.jpg

Biscuit_Basket.jpg

The ballpark is an adaptive reuse of an old train depot

Western_Rail.jpg

and the site was once a rather unpleasant Confederate Military Prison.

ConfedPrison.jpg

Nice review here.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Davis Stadium, Huntsville

Home of The AA Stars

Probably the oldest stadium in the Southern League, built during the multi-purpose

era of ball parks (mid eighties) seats 11,000.

hville.jpg

joedavis.jpg

Von Braun Center Arena (10,000) and Exhibit Halls, Home of the Havoc (hockey) Vipers (arena football)

and UAH Chargers (hockey)

provides 170,000 sq ft of exhibit space

fi_body.jpg

damn, guys, you've really stepped up on these themed photo threads. i expected no responses (but was hoping there would be, since i haven't got a lot of photos of the topics thus far introduced and like to see what i'm missing). nice work.

Wow, i'm highly impressed with Montgomery's urban Riverwalk Stadium. I was extremely dissapointed in my beloved Mobile when they chose to fill in delicate wetlands in west Mobile instead of building the stadium downtown. A more appropriate location for Hank Aaron stadium would have been the James M. Seals Jr. Park downtown.

Wow, i'm highly impressed with Montgomery's urban Riverwalk Stadium. I was extremely dissapointed in my beloved Mobile when they chose to fill in delicate wetlands in west Mobile instead of building the stadium downtown. A more appropriate location for Hank Aaron stadium would have been the James M. Seals Jr. Park downtown.

Archived