Lesbians/Gays in SBC

bigboyz05

I was just wondering is there a lot of lesbians/gay men in SBC because I was watching tv a few nights ago and this commercial for alternative dating came on and it was for gay men and women wanting to meet other gay men and women. I know here in Texarkana we're over flowing with lesbians.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just wondering is there a lot of lesbians/gay men in SBC because I was watching tv a few nights ago and this commercial for alternative dating came on and it was for gay men and women wanting to meet other gay men and women. I know here in Texarkana we're over flowing with lesbians.

As baffroom said, probably average. I see more and more gays and lesbians around. I currently work with 2 lesbians, and before them I worked with a lesbian and a gay guy. The gay guy was a nasty freak, but the lesbians I work with and have worked with have always been really cool to be around.

As baffroom said, probably average. I see more and more gays and lesbians around. I currently work with 2 lesbians, and before them I worked with a lesbian and a gay guy. The gay guy was a nasty freak, but the lesbians I work with and have worked with have always been really cool to be around.

Brian, I know you didn't intend to insinuate that all gay guys are nasty freaks, but I just wanted to state that for the record. Besides, many guys in general, gay or straight, can be nasty freaks. I have many gay friends, they are no different from anyone else. I can't imagine Shreveport would have a flourishing gay population... it's so religiously conservative, I would be afraid to be gay there.

NO NO NO!! :) Don't take that out of context... THAT guy was a nasty freak. I won't even go into why, but at the time I was writing that I was so disgusted by him that I said it and ended the post. I didn't want to explain... lol

There are two guys I grew up with who are gay, and both of them are great people. Nothing bad about them. One of them even works at the salon where I get my hair cut, so I see him quite often. The other still lives in the old neighborhood, and I see him on occasion when I'm over in that area.

Anyway, it IS a very conservative, religious area... but the GLBT community does live, for the most part, in the open. We have at least 2 gay nightclubs that I know of, and have at least two churches that hold same-sex wedding ceremonies. Though they aren't legally recognized, they are recognized by those churches.

They don't need clubs or a dating service all they have to do is show up at any of our parks! the parks are crawling with em!!! I don't like the grins and stares I get while taking going out to them to take pictures!! I feel like they're staring at my butt or something... eeekkk

Yeah, I doubt the accuracy of that! Current statistics reveal that approxiamtely 1 in 10 persons are gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered. Therefore, a number closer to 2,000 would be more accurate for Shreveport. It must also be noted that there are is no database on sexuality.

It is true that some cities have more than their 1-10 share, but one must keep in mind that also reflects a more open environment for "comming out."

I am closing this topic since some of you have chosen to use this opportunity to bash Gays & Lesbians instead of having a discussion this community in SBC. The nasty freaks and the nonsense about the parks did it. I guess it was too much to hope that we might actually have a reasonable discussion on this matter.

Archived