Ballet Memphis headed to NYC's Joyce Theater

Clobber

My Commentary:

Ballet Memphis is headed to NYC AGAIN. Headed to the Joyce Theater, one of only 4 (out of 34) not based out of New York that will appear at the theater. I posted portions of the article earlier, but the thread was deleted b/c of apparent violations of posting rules on my part. My bad. Hopefully one paragraph/one sentence aren't violations, b/c I think this is noteworthy and relevant to an urban discussion of Memphis given that cultural institutions are inseparable from the urban fabric of a community, especially a downtown. If they are violations, instead of deleting it, I will be eager to edit and correct my mistakes, including a mea culpa. Well-deserved honor for Ballet Memphis.

Brief excerpt:

Martin Wechsler, the Joyce's director of programming, says that when he received Ballet Memphis' application -- one of 57 this year -- he was struck by the quality of the repertoire and the ability of the dancers.

Source:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/arts/a...5453507,00.html

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived