Civil Rights Game

Clobber

My Commentary:

Alright, I think this is a very relevant subject in both an urban discussion context as well as its relation to the city of Memphis. It's a very high honor that MLB has given Memphis, and this article states that Selig wasn't shy about stating MLB wants to make it an annual event in Memphis. Great news. Did anyone happen to go?

A similar thread was closed b/c of an error of mine. My bad. As a result, no excerpt here, don't want to expose this site to copyright violations. Instead, a link:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/baseba...5456667,00.html

Enjoy and comment, especially if you attended!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Commentary:

Alright, I think this is a very relevant subject in both an urban discussion context as well as its relation to the city of Memphis. It's a very high honor that MLB has given Memphis, and this article states that Selig wasn't shy about stating MLB wants to make it an annual event in Memphis. Great news. Did anyone happen to go?

A similar thread was closed b/c of an error of mine. My bad. As a result, no excerpt here, don't want to expose this site to copyright violations. Instead, a link:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/baseba...5456667,00.html

Enjoy and comment, especially if you attended!

I was out of town when the game was played, but did see parts of it on ESPN. Their camera shots of downtown from the left field bleachers back toward the First TN and Sterick buildings were very impressive. For people who are unfamiliar with DT Memphis, ESPN's shots really gave the impression that our downtown has quite a bit of vertical development and density on par with downtowns of larger cities. So while we all wish for more growth downtown, the current setup does photograph quite well.

Archived