Celadon Greenway

frey

Charlotte in my opinion is in need of good architecture. I think prodject is a huge step in the right direction. There are a lot of Corbesque qualities. (really reminds me of a town he designed (the house designs==can't think of the name, though)

I don't know a lot about the site and the existing planning issues. This prodject brings up the struggle of how to approach the road (exposed parking in the front rather than the rear). I still am really digging it, as is.

http://www.celadongreenway.com/index2.html

More critisisms...the end units...why not give them more glass? And, the roofs... activate them.

This also brings up one more need in charlotte's center city/inner ring burbs... urban streets of individual (different) architect designed row houses. As cool as these are as a whole, imagine diferent designs of the same quality a long the street.....

This is a leap for Charlotte's current construction arch. quality. (except for maybe the new freelon building).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like these. There's just something about them, they remind me of beach houses the way the garage is the first floor with a small hallway leading to a staircase to go to the rest of the house. A little annoying when you're in a hurry but otherwise pretty cool. Especially when it floods... :thumbsup:

This is a fantastic project. I previewed them yesterday. Granted, a handful of "why didn't they..." type questions will accompany any development. The balance between amenities and affordability is always difficult. That being said, the amenities are top shelf. The attention to detail, quality materials and design is laudable. This is not a Pulte townhome, thank God. This project will succeed and hopefully serve as a new business model for more progressive architects and developers.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Talked to a developer today. They have not broken ground yet. They haven't even received their permits yet. He said they expect to get them and start moving dirt at the end of July and that it would take about a year from then to complete all of the units. I don't recall the square footage of the 1 BR's, but the 2 BR's start at around 1200 sq. feet and the 3 BR's were something like 2200 sq. feet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I've been inside these after they finished. Very nice. Non-brand name but pretty high quality finishes. The layout is awesome and the livability is amazing. If they were anywhere else in town, they'd be sold out. Too bad they weren't in Southend, I would have much much much much much rather have seen these instead of the Ryan Homes project.

I've been inside these after they finished. Very nice. Non-brand name but pretty high quality finishes. The layout is awesome and the livability is amazing. If they were anywhere else in town, they'd be sold out. Too bad they weren't in Southend, I would have much much much much much rather have seen these instead of the Ryan Homes project.

• 1 month later...

Finally got to take a look at Celadon, and they are incredible. Finishes like you'd find in LA, MIA or NYC. Nothing like it in Charlotte--gas cooktops, built-in wall ovens, etc. I'm seriously considering one of their 3 bedroom units on the Greenway--fantastic view, all trees, etc. I ran into some of the current owners, and they are super happy with Celadon. Most of the units are sold, but there are a few left.

Archived