Sorry, but It's Great To Be a Florida Gator!

bahmo

basketball

football

basketball

We've never needed the hardware to know how great being a Gator is, but it's nice to prevent pretenders from making any claims by gobbling up the trophies for ourselves.

Yeah Trees!

Yeah Gators!

Yeah lots of wine!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still great to hate the Florida Gators. I could care less that they won last night. I am a Seminole through and through and rather than offer them a pat on the back I'd still like to punch 'em in the teeth. :D

Question for the Gator faithful, will ya'll be ordering the commerative UF cut off jean shorts with optional mullet wig? Stay classy, Hogtown.

GO SEMINOLES!!!

It's still great to hate the Florida Gators. I could care less that they won last night. I am a Seminole through and through and rather than offer them a pat on the back I'd still like to punch 'em in the teeth. :D

Question for the Gator faithful, will ya'll be ordering the commerative UF cut off jean shorts with optional mullet wig? Stay classy, Hogtown.

GO SEMINOLES!!!

the jean short reference is well founded! i travel to gainesville often and also to other gator strongholds such as jacksonville. i have seen jean short clad gator fans on each occassion. the jean shorts are usually accompanied by a garish UF shirt and hat. most recently the shirt will say "Ga-tor Done", very clever, and also a rather clueless expression. mullets are also prevelant in gatorland.

concerning the shot at Monticello, I am not from there but I do live there and it has less of a hick feel than the areas surrounding hog town. (the greater alachua area i guess?)

regardless, this is a tallahassee board and if you want a gator lovefest go hit the g-vill board! oh wait, you can't because there isn't one here... tallahassee or gainesville, which is the more rural area? just checking. gainesville and UF are nothing more than a crummy truckstop off I-75 :P

the jean short reference is well founded! i travel to gainesville often and also to other gator strongholds such as jacksonville. i have seen jean short clad gator fans on each occassion. the jean shorts are usually accompanied by a garish UF shirt and hat. most recently the shirt will say "Ga-tor Done", very clever, and also a rather clueless expression. mullets are also prevelant in gatorland.

concerning the shot at Monticello, I am not from there but I do live there and it has less of a hick feel than the areas surrounding hog town. (the greater alachua area i guess?)

regardless, this is a tallahassee board and if you want a gator lovefest go hit the g-vill board! oh wait, you can't because there isn't one here... tallahassee or gainesville, which is the more rural area? just checking. gainesville and UF are nothing more than a crummy truckstop off I-75 :P

I cant seem to remember who it was that did pow-wow a few years ago...oh whats his name...I swear Ive seen him on TV...oh yea, Larry the Cable Guy...thats who it was...and I cant remember the number of shirts that I saw that said "get-(insert homecoming opponent that year)-done."

Say what you want, but Monticello/Jefferson County is hickville, by definition.

I know nobody likes a winner...especially when its your biggest rival and recently you have fallen from athletic glory.

Now crank that Chevy Billy-Bob!

I don't think CG was trying to rub anyone wrong, but just come to defense of his team and fans from the really low-attack by the Seminole fans here. I don't know if the Nole fans realize there are a lot of UF alumni and fans in the Tallahassee area. This was true even way before they started winning titles.

http://www.capitalareagatorclub.com/

I don't think the response from FSU fans would be quite the same if it had been some other close school winning the championship like Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn, etc. I think the fact that the Championships are coming to the State of Florida is a win win for us all. For all you Nole fans you have had your glory, let us enjoy ours. Even if it is in the heart of Nole Country.

Also FSU is off to a could start this year in baseball and I am hoping that Mike Martin will finally get the championship he deserves (Lord Knows He Has Been At It Long Enough). That compliment is coming from a hardcore GATOR. I wish our program could get to that level. Heck maybe oneday we could have a baseball title to go with the football and basketball ones.

One other thing, except for the state goverment thing, Tallahassee and Gainesville could be twins. I have lived in Wakulla for a short time and Monticello for a long time and people in glass houses should not throw rocks. We all have more than our fair share of MULLETS and CUTOFF -JEANS folks to go around.

I couldnt agree more!! This is the TALLAHASSEE thread, not the Florida State University thread (likewise there is a FSU thread on the board where you guys can bash the Gators all you want and I wont say a word). You guys always preach how the Capital City should mirror the diversity of the state. Not everyone in Tallahassee is a Seminole, nor is everyone in Gainesville a Gator. In addition to Tallahassee being the home of FSU, Tallahassee is and was first the Capital City of Florida, and the team that won is the University of Florida, so I think I'm well within my right. If we follow the logic of everyone only being able to like the teams in which city/area they live, then we must all only be Florida Marlins fans in baseball and Florida Panthers fans in hockey. TJ would have to give up pulling for his Lakers, and I would have to give up on my Braves!

But I never rubbed it in anyones face, infact, I complimented the baseball teams impressive start (which by the way, its 13-5 UF in the top of the 6th right now, UF is on a 7 game win streak!) I was just merely pointing out that Monticello had no room to talk about places being well...less than high class.

And for the record, I was born in Polk County, lived in Lake Wales, then Lakeland until I was 2, then lived in Winter Park. Not much "rural" in my blood! ;)

BigHardDrives...Im a member of the Capital Gator Club...do we know each other?

GO SEMINOLES!!!

Tell you what we will do: You may be aware that the NCAA champion has the option of removing the championship court and reinstalling the court in its own gym. So, since we already did that last year, we're going to purchase the court in the Atlanta Dome and donate it to FSU.

We figure this is the only way you'll ever get to play on a championship surface. :shades:

:offtopic:

It seems this thread has gone beyond congradulating the Gators on their National Title and is now about attacking other's who don't see things the way the originator of the thread does. I personally have no quarrel with the celebration, but let's keep it at that without downtalking other individuals and other schools.

GG we probably don't know each other but we might meet if your going to being at the dinner with Urban Myer later this month at the fair grounds. I heard about the Capital Area Gator Club through some friends at work "Here in Tally" of course that have been to the Gator Gathering before. I am not sure if there members but they do attend gaitherings and as many games as they can. This next season I am going with them to a few football games hopefully.

GG we probably don't know each other but we might meet if your going to being at the dinner with Urban Myer later this month at the fair grounds. I heard about the Capital Area Gator Club through some friends at work "Here in Tally" of course that have been to the Gator Gathering before. I am not sure if there members but they do attend gaitherings and as many games as they can. This next season I am going with them to a few football games hopefully.

Am I going crazy (no jokes please) but didn't your post GG from around 7:30pm read a lot differently that what it does now? Wasn't my name in the original? Just curious, not upset. I actually thought the diversity thing was quite funny and put the whole thing in perspective. Why did you get rid of it completely? Or was all this just a bad dream?

Oh gosh Dale's here, it's now officially a Gator-Gang-Bang. :D

My point is only this: in our state's forum there is already a thread (which you started GG) talking about the Gators and their National Championships, so why not talk about it there? Why create a new thread (and waste bandwith) in the rival school's home city thread to discuss this and then act all surprised if a Seminole shouts foul or says something negative? There's only one new thread about the game last night to my knowledge in all of UP and guess where it appears: in Tally's listing. I just find that odd and a little mean-spirited bragging. If this is a statewide championship and it's good for the entire state, why not talk about it in an already existing statewide thread? I mean it couldn't be that hard to find if I saw it besides it's at the top of the pile.

keeping it positive, i mean - come on. how can you not at least marginally like both tallahassee and gainseville (sports allegiances notwithstanding)? both towns are pleasant, imho, and have their own unique - and desirable - feel. i truly love tallahassee and the unique feeling that comes from its miraculous ability to cram two very distinct universities and the seat of government for the fourth-largest state in the country into what is, all things considered, a very small city. you know when you're tallahassee. not that i don't also like gainseville - i do, very much.

i just love florida, particularly small-town and rural florida from the ocala area all the way to points north. and who cares how 'hick' the rural areas supposedly are? perry is as 'hick' as hell, but i love perry and other little towns like it, from carabelle to chiefland, and would not want any of them to change overnight - especially when so much in the state of florida has changed. take a night drive from tally to perry (and further south) and just try to count the deer on these long, dead-straight slashes of road (FL is great when it comes to keeping up its secondary rural roads). count the minutes from the time you first see oncoming headlights until the time they pass. beautiful isolation.

the 'forgotten' swath of florida that curves from tallahassee down past cedar key is wonderful, wonderful country. that swath includes both tally and gainesville, and i absolutely love every inch of it. some of the most beautiful streams (inland) and estuaries (coastal) to be found anywhere lie in this area, and life is lived at the pace people choose. many of the counties in this area are piss-poor, true...but i could be happy eking out a meager living in one of these small towns and, if i value rural life in general, consider myself lucky that i'm poor in this region and not poor in some other far-flung place that lacks the unique beauty and genial pace of life to be found in this little stretch of FL.

love for north and north-central florida! - even if this is an 'urban' forum. if this area of FL ever substantially urbanizes, it will be gravely missed - perhaps even by those who deem it 'hick' at the present time. i hope it remains relatively 'forgotten.'

Am I going crazy (no jokes please) but didn't your post GG from around 7:30pm read a lot differently that what it does now? Wasn't my name in the original? Just curious, not upset. I actually thought the diversity thing was quite funny and put the whole thing in perspective. Why did you get rid of it completely? Or was all this just a bad dream?

Oh gosh Dale's here, it's now officially a Gator-Gang-Bang. :D

My point is only this: in our state's forum there is already a thread (which you started GG) talking about the Gators and their National Championships, so why not talk about it there? Why create a new thread (and waste bandwith) in the rival school's home city thread to discuss this and then act all surprised if a Seminole shouts foul or says something negative? There's only one new thread about the game last night to my knowledge in all of UP and guess where it appears: in Tally's listing. I just find that odd and a little mean-spirited bragging. If this is a statewide championship and it's good for the entire state, why not talk about it in an already existing statewide thread? I mean it couldn't be that hard to find if I saw it besides it's at the top of the pile.

Archived