Sorry, but It's Great To Be a Florida Gator!

bahmo

Am I going crazy (no jokes please) but didn't your post GG from around 7:30pm read a lot differently that what it does now? Wasn't my name in the original? Just curious, not upset. I actually thought the diversity thing was quite funny and put the whole thing in perspective. Why did you get rid of it completely? Or was all this just a bad dream?

Oh gosh Dale's here, it's now officially a Gator-Gang-Bang. :D

My point is only this: in our state's forum there is already a thread (which you started GG) talking about the Gators and their National Championships, so why not talk about it there? Why create a new thread (and waste bandwith) in the rival school's home city thread to discuss this and then act all surprised if a Seminole shouts foul or says something negative? There's only one new thread about the game last night to my knowledge in all of UP and guess where it appears: in Tally's listing. I just find that odd and a little mean-spirited bragging. If this is a statewide championship and it's good for the entire state, why not talk about it in an already existing statewide thread? I mean it couldn't be that hard to find if I saw it besides it's at the top of the pile.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Thanks for that clarification GG. Last night I read your original post, then went to watch a DVD and fell asleep on the couch. When I came back here in a sleepy haze, everything was different. Wasn't sure if I had dreamed it all or what.

No one's trying to deny you guys your lovefest. Some including me are just saying there maybe a better place to do it. I read all you guy's reason why this is the place, but I still humbly disagree and that is where we'll have to stand on this topic. The true mark of real sportsmanship is when you are a good winner and a good loser. Maybe this thread has spiralled into both parties being neither?

convulso how do you know North FL so well? I've travelled numerous times to the places you were talking about. And speaking of deer, about a month ago on FL 71 between Wewa and Blountstown (can it get anymore rural than that?) it was almost dark and I saw three does at the side of the road. They saw me coming and turned to go into the woods, but just as I approached them, they changed their minds and darted across the road w/in a few feet of my car. Thank goodness for anti-lock brakes and the safety features of a Volvo. I got so close to them I could see the details and different colors of their fur. Luckily that road isn't well travelled b/c I fish-tailed across both lanes and had to get out of the car just to make sure I had not bumped one of them. A week or so later, I travelled that same stretch of road and noticed a dead deer on the side of the road in that same area. I guess that driver and that deer were not so lucky.

Go Noles, move out of the way deer!

^ with regards to GG's post above, i did post the first negative one because i don't think this is the appropriate place for a UF celebration. there was already a forum in the general FLA section. if the gator fans thought they could start a thread trumpeting UF's success in a Tallahassee forum and not catch any flak shows their brains must be as large as the reptile they are so proud of! :lol:

poonther, i agree being a good loser is important... but usally the gator fans are not good winners. they tend to be mouthy and arrogant... and i thought UP would be immune from their celebrations! guess i was wrong... <_<

^ with regards to GG's post above, i did post the first negative one because i don't think this is the appropriate place for a UF celebration. there was already a forum in the general FLA section. if the gator fans thought they could start a thread trumpeting UF's success in a Tallahassee forum and not catch any flak shows their brains must be as large as the reptile they are so proud of! :lol:

poonther, i agree being a good loser is important... but usally the gator fans are not good winners. they tend to be mouthy and arrogant... and i thought UP would be immune from their celebrations! guess i was wrong... <_<

perhaps another snippy posts deleted?

as for the poor sportsmanship, guilty! the jean short comment counts and in addition it was also funny and true. :)

overall, i think all true 'Noles fan was a bit depressed after the gators won on Monday night. if the roles were reversed and FSU fans were gloating on a Gainesville forum i tend to think some shots would be taken. does it make it right? no, but its to be expected.

enjoy your championship GG.

Did anyone see the opinion/editorial section of the TALLAHASSEE Democrat today? How dare the paper where FSU calls home speak well of the Gators!

You guys should write letters to the editors! Or just copy/paste your comments from here! ;)

i have no idea what the last part of your post means... everyone knows people from north of boston (me) only wear leather jackets, lots of product in their hair and drive a late model caddy... jeeez... :D

As the thread starter, I guess I should chime in.

I live in Tallahassee. I have lived here for 8 of the last 10 years. I work with graduates from FSU, FAMU, UF, UGa, and more. Tallahassee is the state capital, home of TWO universities, and not simply another word for FSU.

I don't post or read any other forums here besides the one for my home, Tallahassee. I was not posting to engage in mean-spirited bragging. I was reading the forum, feeling happy, feeling the wine, and felt like expressing my happiness in the off-topic forum.

Monticello's first post was funny. By the way, I used to wear jean shorts quite often. Never did understand what the big deal was with jorts, but I am as aware of fashion issues as I am domestic political issues in Belgium -- zilch. Even when Monticello suggested talking about this on some other board besides Tallahassee's, I read it as a dig at Gainesville's lack of a forum, not a suggestion that it is somehow rude to openly admit being a part of the Gator Nation in the state capital. I don't mind a rival responding with something along the lines of "yeah, but you're still a gate." That's what rivals say to each other. It's fun.

It was poonther's post that suggested that Gators are not welcome in Tallahassee unless they keep their mouths shut.

In any event, I apologize for being happy, expressing it in my hometown's forum, and forcing poonther to read the thread. :dontknow:

It was poonther's post that suggested that Gators are not welcome in Tallahassee unless they keep their mouths shut.

In any event, I apologize for being happy, expressing it in my hometown's forum, and forcing poonther to read the thread. :dontknow:

I came back in here worried that the intended tone of my last post would not be apparent.

Glad we're all on the same page.

If we win the gymnastics title this year, I promise I won't post anything about it here. :hi:

Can't promise I won't drink and post again.

Archived