Griffith plans North Charlotte development in NorthLake area

TONYCLT

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

So there apparently is a big study going on about the impacts this development will have on the highway system and could mean improvements to the infrastructure in the surrounding area. This is a great way to add some density to the north line to help get it pushed through. I'm hoping the layout makes sense and doesn't turn out like the IKEA development.

link

Given how few people the North line is designed to move, that in terms of traffic I don't think it will make much of a difference. The city should not approve this development because it is already jammed packed with cars. I am sure they will however because the developer has said the magic words, TOD which means they will approve it now matter how inappropriate. They act as if the North line is light rail which it isn't.

Archived