DC Metro

MadVlad

I was in DC and Baltimore for a wedding this weekend, and while I absolutely loved both cities, the only problem I had was the DC Metro. 3 of us were trying to get from Van Dorn Station in Alexandria to the Zoo, and were looking for all day passes. A lady was stationed there to assist, but literally watched as I bought three $20 tickets. She THEN asks, "What were you trying to buy, again?" I explained, and she said " Oh, well that isn't what you bought". It wasn't clear on the automated machine how to do what I needed and she literally watched me do it, after I already had asked her about day passes. They need to mark the machines better, but other than that, it was clean, ran on time, and got us where we needed to go rather easily.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MadVlad- Sorry about your experience with Metro personnel. They may not all be like that, but your experience does not surprise me in the least. The weakest link in the D.C. Metro is its staff. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the city.

Yeah, the city was great. I haven't been to DC proper since I was 8 (took the train down with my Grandmother), and it was really fun. The cherry blossoms were out along the Tidal Pool, Friday was a nice, warm sunny day, and we really enjoyed driving around the city seeing the sites. Saturday was also a great day, that being the day we walked around the Zoo. It amazes me that all those things are free to do...

Archived