Is it OK to drink Oberon from a wine glass?

You've had wine with dinner, then switch to Oberon for after dinner activities. Is it kosh to pour your Oberon into your wine glass? This is a large wine glass, not a wussy teeny wine glass.

Any help or links would be appreciated.

582.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I (personally) think Oberon, when you add the orange slice, is sort of close in taste & mouthfeel to a white beer which is generally served in a tulip/goblet shape. So I'd say yes, so long as it's a sufficiently large wine glass (>12oz obviously). Oberon should be served in a Wiezen glass.

RealBeer Glassware Guide

$40 for 4 Weizen glasses at Target

Is this one of those questions you ask so you don't look embarrassed preforming a social faux pas in front of the guests? I keep reading Oberon on Urban Planet and some folks at work were talking about how great it is. Sorry I didn't add to the conversation -- stuff reminds me of Web 2.0.

I (personally) think Oberon, when you add the orange slice, is sort of close in taste & mouthfeel to a white beer which is generally served in a tulip/goblet shape. So I'd say yes, so long as it's a sufficiently large wine glass (>12oz obviously). Oberon should be served in a Wiezen glass.

RealBeer Glassware Guide

$40 for 4 Weizen glasses at Target

Ah thanks Grandrollerz. There are times after dinner where you want to fit in with the wine drinkers, but need your Summertime Oberon fix, and don't necessarily want to stand out (or get a new glass out of the cupboard) or drink straight from your Oberon bottle.

These are like 16 oz wine goblets (no wiezen glasses available). I'm thinking it's OK.

Hey, a subject I can talk about with authority! ;-)

Yeah, a wine glass is "OK." You'll get a better experience with a true weizen glass which will retain the head better and concentrate the aromas.

American Wheat Ales - BeerAdvocate (look along the right-hand side for food pairings and glassware suggestions)

Glassware Guide - BeerAdvocate

(While we're at it, Grand Rapids Beer Guide)

:lol: No, its from last year. To be honest, I didnt care for the mini-keg. It only took me a couple days to drink it, but it went flat pretty fast. I probably wouldn't buy another one unless it was for a party-type situation where it would get consumed in a day or less. But it sure does look cool!

Archived