New Shopping Center Near Cherrydale

distortedlogic

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belk is looking to add one freestanding store to the Greenville market and also looking to replace the Greer store with a new store within the Greer area.

This could be the new Belk. It fits their mode of operation for off mall format, new stores.

I think I mentioned the Kevin Whittaker Project on hear before, it is one of the projects I learned about in Charlotte. It is being done by Realty Link who did much of the Development next to this site across from Cherrydale.

Not sure if anyone remembers me mentioning this previously, but someone at Whole Foods Market had told me back during their Grand Opening on Woodruff that the company was working on putting a 2nd store near Cherrydale in a couple of years...this could be what they were referring to.

I don't see Whole Foods wanting to be in this area of town just yet, but maybe that's just me. I would still like to see Whole Foods' second location be a more urban store downtown or in the West End. With the increasing number of residents in that area, plus the daytime populaton that offices provide, I am confident that it would do well.

If not there, what about somewhere on Pleasantburg? Is there any space near the Carolina First Center for a nice development to include a Whole Foods?

The O'Charley's is new to me, too. Me likely O'Charley's. Also news: to me the junior anchor is now labeled as an electronics store...hmm...I wonder who that could be. The choices are fairly limited. As for the primary anchor, my vote would be on either Whole Foods or Kohl's. I say Whole Foods simply based on my previous discussion with one of their employees during the opening of the Woodruff Road store and I would lean toward's Kohl's simply because of how the footprint of the building looks on the site plan and where the entrances are.

The O'Charley's is new to me, too. Me likely O'Charley's. Also news: to me the junior anchor is now labeled as an electronics store...hmm...I wonder who that could be. The choices are fairly limited. As for the primary anchor, my vote would be on either Whole Foods or Kohl's. I say Whole Foods simply based on my previous discussion with one of their employees during the opening of the Woodruff Road store and I would lean toward's Kohl's simply because of how the footprint of the building looks on the site plan and where the entrances are.

1.) The size of the junior anchor as an electronics store is smaller than Best Buy and Circuit City. Those stores are 60,000+/- square feet. Can someone see Radio Shack?

2.) The larger anchor, about 98,000+/- square feet is smalle than a Target, but good enough for a Belk or a Kohl's. Additional square footage can be added if the space was vertically larger (two or three levels).

3.) An O'Charley's would be a nice addition in dining choices around Cherrydale. I like Ruby Tuesday, but I desire something slightly different some occassions.

I believe I remember reading somewhere a few weeks ago that Steve & Barry's University Apparel was planning to open another store in Greenville at Cherrydale? They recently opened their first Greenville store on Haywood Rd. in the shopping area located behind City Range. Looking at the size of that store it seems possible that a Steve & Barry's would fit perfectly in the junior anchor spot of the development?

The junior anchor spot is the electronics store. The 95,000 sq ft building is probably going to be a Kohl's. Look at the design of the building on page 2 of the previous link (black and white site plan). It has two entrances on the front and the rest of the building is gradually set back like a stairstep design. Now look at the link of an actual Kohl's storefront:

http://www.eplover.com/PHOTOS/08-10-KOHLS-1.JPG

That would be my guess... :dontknow:

The junior anchor spot is the electronics store. The 95,000 sq ft building is probably going to be a Kohl's. Look at the design of the building on page 2 of the previous link (black and white site plan). It has two entrances on the front and the rest of the building is gradually set back like a stairstep design. Now look at the link of an actual Kohl's storefront:

http://www.eplover.com/PHOTOS/08-10-KOHLS-1.JPG

That would be my guess... :dontknow:

Radio Shack already has a store in Cherrydale though...I've seen both Best Buy and Circuit City stores that are around 20,000 sq. ft. in size...was just in a Best Buy around this size the week before last, in fact. It was relatively new and it seemed rather cramped, but I suppose it met the demands of the demographic.

Archived