New Shopping Center Near Cherrydale

distortedlogic

I'm going to have to go with Circuit City for the Electronics store. I've seen a few different site plans for shopping centers throughout the southeast where Circuit City is listed at exactly 20,331 sq. ft. I'm not sure why that is their magic number, but it seems to be their standard for many of their newer stores. So we've got a Kohl's, a Circuit City, some 18,000 sq. ft. of other retail spaces and an outparcel for a bank or restaraunt. Not a bad addition to this end of town. :shades:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's either going to be a Best Buy, hhgregg, or Circuit City. Easley Town Center will be getting a Circuit City or Best Buy too. I looked at the site plan carefully for Easley Town Center and saw where one of the buildings had a place for cars to pull in on the side, so they can get stereo and video equipment installed. I imagine this building at Cherrydale will be a Best Buy, because there are already two Circuit City's in Greenville County and only one Best Buy. I could be wrong though and it might be a Circuit City or hhgregg.

It's either going to be a Best Buy, hhgregg, or Circuit City. Easley Town Center will be getting a Circuit City or Best Buy too. I looked at the site plan carefully for Easley Town Center and saw where one of the buildings had a place for cars to pull in on the side, so they can get stereo and video equipment installed. I imagine this building at Cherrydale will be a Best Buy, because there are already two Circuit City's in Greenville County and only one Best Buy. I could be wrong though and it might be a Circuit City or hhgregg.

You may be correct, but that would illustrate my point about these chains. 3 CC's but only one BEst Buy? That doesn't make much sense to me. Is there a Best Buy in Simpsonville?

Your demographic statement is why I believe many of the stores on the Eastside would do equally well somewhere on the West and South sides; ie Best Buy, Khol's, Target, Barnes & Noble, Sams, Whole Foods, etc, and many restaurants too.

I much prefer Circuit City to Best Buy. The customer service at Best Buy tends to be horrible, especially the few times I have had to return something. I don't ask for much, but employees should at least act like they are happy to be there and thank me for spending money at their store.

Circuit City is having huge financial problems, mostly because Best Buy is eating their lunch in sales and products. CC just laid off thousands of workers across the nation for instance.

I don't particularly care for either, if I have to go, I go to Best Buy, because of the selection; but then I've ordered big electronic equipment off the internet more than anything: computers, speakers, stereo's, etc.

I'd rather keep some of the money closer to home and have a company like Jeff Lynch open up a second location. It would be nice of they seperated their Applicances and Electronics into seperate locations. Between Circuit City and Best Buy I like Circuit City better. The whole Best Buy experience has always seemed "swarmy" with the majority of their employees being entry level types who make a big deal about not being on commision and things like Geek Squad giving other tech support people a bad name.

I got a big kick of the Improve Anywhere Best Buy Stunt!

http://www.improveverywhere.com/2006/04/23/best-buy/

:rofl:

For the record I don't like what Circuit City did recently.

For one thing, Best Buy has a secret "employee-only" website with different prices they use to screw customers on sale prices. Reward Zone sucks compared to how it used to be. Their prices on iPod accessories (or accessories in general) are often higher than MSRP, sometimes as much as 25% more. This iPod power adapter sells for $50.99 in store. Some of their DVD media racks are so tight, that it is very difficult to even get the disc out of the rack. I call it "purchase-proof". They no longer discount open-box items, but now give a gift card, forcing you to spend more money with them. Ever used their in-store pick-up service? Expect to wait 5-10 minutes to actually get your item. The store layout stinks. The home theater department it too dark. I tend to shop at the Circuit City by Haywood Mall, because it's more convenient to get to.

Archived