New Shopping Center Near Cherrydale

distortedlogic

For one thing, Best Buy has a secret "employee-only" website with different prices they use to screw customers on sale prices. Reward Zone sucks compared to how it used to be. Their prices on iPod accessories (or accessories in general) are often higher than MSRP, sometimes as much as 25% more. This iPod power adapter sells for $50.99 in store. Some of their DVD media racks are so tight, that it is very difficult to even get the disc out of the rack. I call it "purchase-proof". They no longer discount open-box items, but now give a gift card, forcing you to spend more money with them. Ever used their in-store pick-up service? Expect to wait 5-10 minutes to actually get your item. The store layout stinks. The home theater department it too dark. I tend to shop at the Circuit City by Haywood Mall, because it's more convenient to get to.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm also interested to see what the "Retail" building is going to be. It's not accessed off Pleasantburg with all the parking screened from Pleasantburg by the building. There must be some tenant in mind with the shape of it. :dunno:

It's a matter of time before they take out that section of homes along Pinedale Drive, too...basically everything bordered by Furman Hall Road and Worley Road will eventually be gobbled up by this thing.

I noticed on the site plan that "books" has been added as a label. Borders? Books a Million? Barnes & Noble? I'm still curious about the Kohl's proposed for this center vs. the Kohl's at the Poinsett Center across from University Square. Which one will get to the finish line first?

For one thing, Best Buy has a secret "employee-only" website with different prices they use to screw customers on sale prices. Reward Zone sucks compared to how it used to be. Their prices on iPod accessories (or accessories in general) are often higher than MSRP, sometimes as much as 25% more. This iPod power adapter sells for $50.99 in store. Some of their DVD media racks are so tight, that it is very difficult to even get the disc out of the rack. I call it "purchase-proof". They no longer discount open-box items, but now give a gift card, forcing you to spend more money with them. Ever used their in-store pick-up service? Expect to wait 5-10 minutes to actually get your item. The store layout stinks. The home theater department it too dark. I tend to shop at the Circuit City by Haywood Mall, because it's more convenient to get to.

Developer wants to add acres to Cherrydale project

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...372/1004/NEWS01

Neil Wilson of Realty Link LLC, a Greenville development company, said the request to rezone 5.98 acres to planned development will increase the flexibility to build a project he has dubbed Cherrydale Corners.

According to county planner Meade Bradshaw, the request involves the addition of six parcels near the intersection of Furman Hall Road and North Pleasantburg Drive.

The change would allow the access points into the development from Furman Hall and Worley roads, and increase the square footage for commercial space from 142,000 square feet to 192,000 square feet, Bradshaw said.

I know that Target has looked at the site on Duncan Chapel but there continues to be that pesky wetlands/endangered plant issue on the tract that they are considering. I would love to see something like that happen on that site but I still think it might be a ways down the line.

I know the property at Cherrydale is moving forward about as fast as any development can go, I think we should see some doors open by the end of 08.

I know that Target has looked at the site on Duncan Chapel but there continues to be that pesky wetlands/endangered plant issue on the tract that they are considering. I would love to see something like that happen on that site but I still think it might be a ways down the line.

Archived