New Shopping Center Near Cherrydale

distortedlogic

I know its not going to happen in that area anytime soon due to the demographics but this side of town really needs a high end Grocer. With the Fresh Market moving at least 4 stop lights down Pleasantburg it is going to be a long drive for higher end meats and grocer items which stinks for us living on this side of the ville.

However if Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, ETC would take a chance and so a location near Cherrydale I think it would pay off big.

But for the time being I suppose I will settle for a Electronics store and a Book Store.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know its not going to happen in that area anytime soon due to the demographics but this side of town really needs a high end Grocer. With the Fresh Market moving at least 4 stop lights down Pleasantburg it is going to be a long drive for higher end meats and grocer items which stinks for us living on this side of the ville.

However if Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, ETC would take a chance and so a location near Cherrydale I think it would pay off big.

But for the time being I suppose I will settle for a Electronics store and a Book Store.

There was an article in this morning's Greenville News (Section F) about the dilema that homeowners near Midtowne Park face: whether to sell and move or stay next door to a shopping center. It mentions in this article that there is also a residential element (condos) planned as part of this development. I hadn't heard anything about this previously.

Here's the Shopping Center Group's page for this development: http://www.theshoppingcentergroup.com/cont...t-121-1-999.htm

There was an article in this morning's Greenville News (Section F) about the dilema that homeowners near Midtowne Park face: whether to sell and move or stay next door to a shopping center. It mentions in this article that there is also a residential element (condos) planned as part of this development. I hadn't heard anything about this previously.

Here's the Shopping Center Group's page for this development: http://www.theshoppingcentergroup.com/cont...t-121-1-999.htm

• 5 weeks later...

My guess is that the Colonial American project on Poinsett Highway will include most, if not all, of the retail components that this particular project would have included anyway...

What I'm wondering is whether Kevin Whittaker will now go ahead with their plans to relocate to Travelers Rest at the corner of Highway 25 and Hawkins Road?

Having a front row seat to see how far this project has come only to have county council shoot it down last night is disheartning.

I wonder if anyone else on this board has an opinion regarding not rezoning these other parcels.

This project will still go forward and there is still a chance it will go forward as planned however if it does not it will be a much more scaled down version of the original plan which will have to leave out some key components that would are very much wanted and needed in that Market.

If I had been an area resident, I would have been trying to pitch my house and land to the developers. Think of the dollars that could be made. The neighborhood isn't the best. This would seem like a golden opportunity......... :dontknow:

I agree with you completely, I have felt that neighborhood should be bought out and replaced with some mid & upscale 4-5 story condo's. That was before the second phase of Cherrydale was built anyway. It's amazing noone has tried to do that considering the million dollar homes right beside them in Montebello.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived