Triad Business Notes

krazeeboi

• 2 weeks later...

58 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Story about the importance of Honda in the Triad area including their small engine plant in Alamance County and of course their aerospace division in Greensboro.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2019/10/09/the-honda-footprint-what-it-means-to-the-triad.html

Thanks for sharing that. Being from the small town of Graham I can confirm that Labcorp and Honda are the heart and soul of the Alamance County economy. Unfortunately there are no longer any suitable sites for an Auto manufacturing plant in Alamance County due to residential and commercial development.  I would love to see an Auto manufacturing plant such as Honda come to the Triad. Locally, people still talk about that Mercedes Benz plant that passed over Mebane in the early 90s.  

Edited by Seaboard Fellow
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cityboi said:

Greensboro ranks 10th nationally and tied with other cities including Raleigh as to where the jobs are going in 2020 on the Forbes list. Charlotte ranks 9th.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vickyvalet/2019/12/10/where-the-jobs-will-be-in-2020/amp/

Yes - it looks like Chattanooga, TN is creating more new jobs than any other city in the USA.  This Forbes "report" is nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

from Twitter tonight and this sounds really promising for the area.

Carroll Industrial Development Company is ramping up with 3 industrial parks in the Triad with Interstate highway frontage, 7 million sqft of potential industrial buildings on over 1,000 acres we own. Big announcements coming soon.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Twitter tonight and what a great person and developer.

I will buy the supplies and we can have supplies back in Greensboro within 48 hours. (2/2

JdUH9W_P_bigger.jpg

I’m truly amazed at our local health care workers as they fight COVID-19. These men & women are true American heroes in my book. I have offered Cone Health our corporate jet to fly to China to pick up N95 masks and other supplies needed for our community... (1/2)
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greenboro megasite flying over the Tesla plant in California with a sales banner.   Good to keep it out there if not for this project, someone other California company like chip makers or something that wants an easier way of doing business like here in NC

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2020/05/19/triad-megasite-to-be-pitched-in-flyover-at-tesla.html

• Like 4