• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could be the Toyota battery plant and of course Toyota knows this site well as it was the runner up for the new assembly plant that went to Huntsville AL   This could be Greensboro and Randoph County's time as being the bridesmaid many times but this time possibly the bride!  With many Japanese companies in the Triad I think it is a great fit and so many interstate highways come through the Triad  too  40. 85, 73, 74, 840, 985 etc.   Honda with HondaJet and their own engine plant in Alamance and many other Japanese companies nearby. 

From the Triad Biz Journal today

""However, investment and job creation figures contained in the budget bill dovetail with an Oct. 18 announcement by Toyota Motor Corp. that it was seeking to build a $1.29 billion electric vehicle battery manufacturing facility in partnership with an affiliated company, which would employ 1,750. That announcement also suggested an eventual total investment of $3.4 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal.  The budget bill reads: “(the) qualifying project is a project for which the agreement requires that the business invest at least one billion dollars in private funds and create at least 1,750 eligible positions …”  Further, the bill describes a second phase as follows: “That a business, upon exercising an option in the agreement during the first 36 months of the agreement term to expand the project, increase the investment of private funds to at least three billion dollars and increase job creation to at least 3,875 eligible positions.”  That Toyota may choose the Greensboro-Randolph Megasite is conceivable in that the company is intimately familiar with the site. ""

Greensboro-Randolph Megasite - Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (edpnc.com)

executive housing nearby in Greensboro of course.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

Bloomberg sites the Greensboro-Randolph mega site as the location for the planned Toyota EV battery plant. Long term this could mean 4,000 jobs for the Greensboro area. In addition Hwy 421 which borders the site will be designated as future I-685 from Greensboro to Sanford and eventually to the Fayetteville area.

Here will be the tally of Greensboro Interstates.

I-40, I-85, I-73, I-840, I-785, I-685

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-19/toyota-eyes-panasonic-as-partner-in-north-carolina-battery-plant

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 4