Ann Coulter comes to Charlotte

atlrvr

Everyone's favorite speaker, and political "activist" will be in Charlote (Matthews) May 10th to speak at the Southern Evangical Seminary. It should a reviting good time for the town that protested the sexy lingere shop downtown, until they finally gave up and closed after a few months.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone's favorite speaker, and political "activist" will be in Charlote (Matthews) May 10th to speak at the Southern Evangical Seminary. It should a reviting good time for the town that protested the sexy lingere shop downtown, until they finally gave up and closed after a few months.

Fer goodness sakes, the woman calls people ugly NAMES! If she is deemed an acceptable speaker by this evangelical group, then it clearly shows their moral corruption.

An earlier post called her a sexy conservative (????) The woman can't possibly weigh more than 105 lbs. She is clearly malnourished (the R.N. in me speaking-heehee) When I see her on TV with sleeveless dresses, her arms look like those of a concentration camp victim. She probably no longer has monthly cycles........maybe her obvious eating disorder causes her brain to go haywire and say all those horrible things!

If I lived in Charlotte I would be organizing a huge protest to greet her.

coulter_shooting_gun.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uxgVuB3TyaU

105??? Are you sure

Yo Amor Ann Coulter!!! Ann Coulter does really rattle up the liberals, especially when she called John Edwards the "F" word {hag}.

She is Our sexy, Conservative version of Rosie.

So exactly where at where she be?What time?

Jealousy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter ~ Thats gotta hurt.

I would love to see protesters protest Ann Coulter speaking . What would they chant? "No more Free Speech"? If Ann Coulter thrashes major Liberals, I wonder what she would do to protesters...

Here are some signs protestors could carry at Ann's speaking engagement:

"Since when is it christian to call people names?"

"Ugliness and bigotry spoken here tonite"

"Is this what christianity has become?"

"Did Jesus call people ugly names?"

No kidding folks, if I lived in Charlotte I would be on the phone right now trying to get a picket organized!

Here are some signs protestors could carry at Ann's speaking engagement:

"Since when is it christian to call people names?"

"Ugliness and bigotry spoken here tonite"

"Is this what christianity has become?"

"Did Jesus call people ugly names?"

No kidding folks, if I lived in Charlotte I would be on the phone right now trying to get a picket organized!

Ann Coulter is a hateful woman who has every right to say what she wants. As a Jewish Gay Liberal she is not exactly my favorite person but giving her views attention is playing right into her hands. Let her preach to her "Christian" choir and the rest of us can ignore her.

while i think ann coulter is in the "bottom of the barrel" of humanity... i do not see the need to protest her. her career is solely based off of attention that she receives by being a firebrand. so, she says the most outragous and inflammatory things she can - b/c it draws her the most attention. if you want to see ann coulter disappear... then ignore her. everytime she's on TV - cut it off, don't read about her, don't listen to her speak, and don't protest her. remember, attention = money to ann coulter.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for a worthy protest... for people that really matter (i.e. people that have power of representation) or protest the venues that host these types of people. shoot an email to the church/seminar organizers -letting them know how you feel.

if she were something more important than an extreme right mouthpiece - i'd say light the torches.

Who cares what she says. As for the question about whether she is Christian, I don't think that is the issue here, but the fact that she is speaking to a supposed evangelical seminary. Do true Christian schools teach what she espouses? Seems to me the Bible said Jesus walked with the prostitutes, ministered to the poor, told his followers to love and to turn the other cheek. How does she fit into a true Christian conversation? The true is "Christian" evangelicals seem to simply be political power seekers.

I think the difference between liberal equivalents to Ann, Bill Maher / John Stewart, is they are admitted comedians, they don't try and pass themselves off as anything else, and they certainly aren't invited to speak at "legit" functions for any political party and most certainly aren't posing as being religious.

Ann can certainly say what she feels, it is just sad that adults stoop to self-proclaimed "schoolyard bully" taunts as legitimate ways to try and win over the electorate. It shows their mentality and maturity. But I guess win at all costs is OK with some people.

But yet John Edwards, Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Al Franken aren't? All politicians and political talking heads are attention whores.

Protesting someone's presence at a function in a city is very small-townish thinking, and accomplishes nothing. Do you really think that anyone who is on their way to attending this function is going to be swayed by a bunch of crazy protesters with signs? They're more likely to laugh at the protesters than join them or even take them seriously.

Ann Coulter is one of a small group of people who, in this day and time, aren't afraid to speak their minds publicly. She's doesn't care if she offends anyone, and she sees no need for political correctness. Why should she? Just because everyone wants to be so touchy-feely in today's world, why do we feel like everyone must be nice to those with whom they disagree? It's absurd to think that someone would be bashed for speaking his/her mind with all the talk in the world today about the freedoms of speech, expression, religion, etc.

I think she is entitled to have whatever view she wants. I think if she wants to say whatever she wants, that's fine, she has that right. What I do have a problem is people passing judgement on others. I could care less what type of lifestyle someone wants to live, as long as it doesn't negatively affect other people. That's what grates my about her, not that she has the opinions that she does, but that she is pretentious enough to think that her morals are being compromised by the actions of others. Get over yourself. Hate whoever you want to hate for whatever reason, but don't pretend the hate is for some greater good.

I think she does her job and does it well. The fact that she gets people talking about her is how she sells herself, and the fact that you all know enough about her to maintain a conversation is proof of that. She is an entertainer. People that actually are converted to a new ideology based on her thoughts alone are not very sure of their opinions to start with. The same can be said for Mrs. Coulter's Liberal counterparts (Al Franken, etc). It takes talent to find a way to make money by pissing people off and continue to be successful at it.

Archived