Separate Bedrooms Trend

voyager12

Recent studies show that more and more couples are sleeping separately for a variety of reasons. I am single now but in my last relationship I would usually sneak out and sleep in another room because he snored like a locomotive. It created tension but if I don't get enough sleep I am useless the next day and I like having room to stretch out! This is a problem when one is dating a blanket hog :stop:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well to have two bedrooms wouldn't mean you still can't share a bed. I guess it's just to keep your stuff separate from their stuff. One room can have a theme, the other can be drab and boring. I guess it can also be an expression of your individuality/personality.

A bed to myself would work better for me anyway because I sleep ALL OVER the bed and I can wake up with the covers and pillows (separate from the cases) all over the floor. Plus I've been told my snoring is like the earth splitting apart and slamming back together.

If your partner snores like a freight train, and you wanna keep your relationship, then separate bedrooms is probably the only answer. Everyone deserves a good night's sleep.

My partner refuses to get pharnyx surgery to end snoring, so we have separate bedrooms and I keep my door closed as well. I'm a light sleeper!

I usually sleep with my girlfriend and our dog. But when she's out of town, I definitely enjoy spreading my wings a little more. If we had another bedroom, we'd probably use it as an office/music room anyway.

Archived