Baton Rouge "Road Rage"

Trel-Ellis

I thought this would be another nice topic to share with eachother..

I can't lie people, I have bad nerves and I tend to go nuts when driving behind someone who drives like there from mississippi.. :shades:

For example: its 1:36pm on a nice sunny day, Im driving south on I-110 passing the I-10 merge, traffic is kinda dense, but its flowing to the point theres room to go around someone...Now the speed limit is 60..

so tell me this.........why is it always folks driving like a bottle of coke is stuck beneath the gas pedal???

Always bumping there brakes for no reason, and then when you try to go around, they speed up?!

" if your familiar with baton rouge, Im sure you can relate" (Thats if your a true driver of coarse)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate, hate, HATE driving on any busy street in Baton Rouge... because even if the traffic is good for the moment, just wait a few minutes until you get to where four lanes become two or there's a bit of construction that's been going on forever. I always take "the back way" to get anywhere I have to go. It may take me just as long as being stuck in traffic, but it's better on my nerves because when I have to drive on a busy street, I just lose it. Either people drive too slow or they ride on my butt. People just randomly pull across multiple lanes, they use a blinker but never turn or weave around like crazy without signaling at all... and it's apparent that alot of people aren't even paying attention to what's they're doing or what's going on around them. It's aggravating.

But I must admit, it's worse in New Orleans. I refuse to drive in New Orleans until after 10pm. ;)

I've heard from people who have lived other places or that are visiting that Louisiana has the worst traffic of any place they've ever been. I've never driven in any other states, though so I don't know for myself.

BR drivers bad, lol......you have not experienced bad drivers like those elderly "Snowbird" transplants in Florida, they pull out of side streets like a bat out of hell, without stopping, only to drive 20 in front of you, and I am talking about on streets like Airline!

Thanks Trell-Ellis for starting this interesting topic :thumbsup:

Most of the drivers to me are a bunch of amateur's with limited skills. Then there is the cell phone thing that makes thing totally wacked :angry: "Shut up and Drive" Bumper Sticker should be mandatory too!!!!! And someone tell them please that you "accelerate" when merging unto Main Street...oooops...I mean the Interstates!!!

I know exactly what you mean, they are too slow in front of you or tailgating you from behind!!!

Bad drivers everywhere I have been..Texas, Alabama, Florida, the Carolina's, DC/Virginia, Tennesee and Arkansas and even out West! Louisiana basically is no different.

The 18 wheelers are a BIG Problem w/o a loop or by-pass to go round' the city. I like the 6-lane I-75 in Florida's rural areas between cities where Law says 18-wheelers not to drive on Left passing-lane; like I-10 is now going across the Atchafalaya Basin.

I can't count how much I have had to ask God Almighty for forgiveness for my choice words for the idiots on the road risking lives:(

That's my rant!

Baton Rouge drivers are no different from any other place I've been to. From NYC to San Diego. I hate it when you are on the freeway and you are in the proper lane to get off at the next exit and then some azzhole comes up to cut you off so they can get off at the same exit. They knew a mile back they needed to get in the right lane just like everyone else did.

Baton Rouge drivers are no different from any other place I've been to. From NYC to San Diego. I hate it when you are on the freeway and you are in the proper lane to get off at the next exit and then some azzhole comes up to cut you off so they can get off at the same exit. They knew a mile back they needed to get in the right lane just like everyone else did.

• 2 weeks later...

Louisiana State police doesn't enforce improper lane usage enough....and focus to much on speeding tickets.

People drive to slowly in the left lane in this state, and often slow down for no apparent reason. Everyone in the left lane on the freeways should move over if someone faster comes behind them. That lane is for passing.

I thought this would be another nice topic to share with eachother..

I can't lie people, I have bad nerves and I tend to go nuts when driving behind someone who drives like there from mississippi.. :shades:

For example: its 1:36pm on a nice sunny day, Im driving south on I-110 passing the I-10 merge, traffic is kinda dense, but its flowing to the point theres room to go around someone...Now the speed limit is 60..

so tell me this.........why is it always folks driving like a bottle of coke is stuck beneath the gas pedal???

Always bumping there brakes for no reason, and then when you try to go around, they speed up?!

" if your familiar with baton rouge, Im sure you can relate" (Thats if your a true driver of coarse)

Louisiana State police doesn't enforce improper lane usage enough....and focus to much on speeding tickets.

People drive to slowly in the left lane in this state, and often slow down for no apparent reason. Everyone in the left lane on the freeways should move over if someone faster comes behind them. That lane is for passing.

Agreed! The police not enforcing the LANE USAGE laws but enforcing speed limits REALLY chaps me. They could write 10x the amount of tickets they write if they were to enforce those laws and only enforce major speeding infractions. I haven't received a ticket in the entire 5 years since I got my radar detector, and there are TONS of other people in the same boat. But there are far more retards who stupidly drive like Jed Clampet in the passing lane.

People driving like retards in the left lane will get irate when you ride their bumpers, and flip YOU off even though you're the one who's in the lane he's supposed to be in because you're the one trying to pass. When some moron ahead of me in the passing lane hits his brakes because I'm riding his butt, that's when it's ON. I've only gotten out of my car one time in a road rage incident and it got ugly but then got broken up by a cop.

I think that if they jam on their brakes for no reason, then they will probably get ticketed if you hit them....but they will claim that you were tailgating. The cop will probably do a no fault thing just to avoid hassles.

Once you get out of the car to yell at someone, you become a threat. If you make a reach into your pocket for a cell phone, or if you even look like you have a deadly weapon then you are at risk of getting shot.

It's just a stupid driver. Calm down....if you want ot make a difference, call your state representative and demand that state police start pulling over left lane campers. I have done that, and they seem to respond fairly well.

People driving like retards in the left lane will get irate when you ride their bumpers, and flip YOU off even though you're the one who's in the lane he's supposed to be in because you're the one trying to pass. When some moron ahead of me in the passing lane hits his brakes because I'm riding his butt, that's when it's ON. I've only gotten out of my car one time in a road rage incident and it got ugly but then got broken up by a cop.

Yesterday was a first for me. While driving back from Biloxi on I-12 near Mandeville an idiot decided to empty all the coffee from his cup out the driverside window. This stupid action was not only unexpected as it caused me to swerve, it messed up my new washjob!

ALOT of stupid driving by ALOT of stupid drivers on I-12 around Covington/Mandeville. I was less than 12 inches away from getting swiped by some moron today who tried to get into the fast lane without even checking what was next to him. With driving like that, it's no wonder we're having all of these fatal accidents on this stretch of 12. I much prefer I-10 through New Orleans than a generally slower-paced I-12, just because there are less morons on the road.

Can't really speak for Lafeyette or Shreveport, but I do find traffic conditions in BR and NO to be pretty frustrating. Not to mention my growing collection of tickets between the two cities. But it does seem like in Baton Rouge you are more and more likely to find yourself in gridlock during random hours of the day. Not to defend wreckless driving or anything but there's definitely a difference between the typical bad driver and the average joe pulling some ticket worthy maneuvers to get his a** out of traffic.

If someone is passing you on the right, then you are camping out....which is illegal. Everyone in the passing lane, or the left lane, has an obligation to be constantly checking their rear view for people behind them. If someone is moving faster and they you are blocking them, then a bottleneck is caused. Cars get closer and closer together behind the bottleneck and before you know it, there is a quarter mile long traffic jam because someone refuses to move over to the right lane. Flashing your lights or honking your horn at them gets one reaction: a tap on the brakes and the middle finger. Everyone gets offended when someone flashes or honks at them, but in reality, it's more of a friendly reminder as if to say "I'm here, and I need to get by."

It's arrogant and inconsiderate to think that no one should drive faster or slower than the norm. Drive in the right lane until you have to pass someone....but don't stay in the left lane if someone needs to pass you. Let them worry about speeding tickets.

It's flabbergasting to me that people would get irate when THEY'RE the ones driving like idiots & then flip you off when you call them on their driving stupidity. I don't care how mad you get, you need to drive with the flow of traffic or turn in your license to Louisiana Dept. Of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles. I'm willing to almost guarantee that 9 times out of 10, drivers 60 and above are the main culprits.

Archived