Charleston Among the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Areas

Charleston native

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precisely. In essence, historic downtown is really south of Calhoun Street with the only section north of it being the area segmented by King, John, and Meeting Streets. I think the other areas, especially the medical center area and the Neck, need to have this ordinance completely lifted. For an "urban visionary" like Joe Riley, he definitely is shortsighted in allowing that ordinance to be carried out. Even though the Neck did get permission for 120 feet, it still is not enough.

Thanks Frankie811 for posting such a fascinating editorial. While I think the president of the new Art Institute of Charleston was a little harsh concerning Providence,RI. (I've been there and it has a lot to offer) he did a good job of defending Charleston. Indeed, Charleston is far from being a "lovely corspe" lol. That's an interesting description, though I can see how one might get such an idea if they fly into Charleston on a private jet, land on Johns Island, seclude themselves in a three story mansion South of Broad, and than fly out again. Such part time residents do nothing to enhance the vibrant street life downtown Charleston already enjoys. I hop that the Art Institute's president continues to enjoy his assignment to Charleston and invites some guests from beautiful Providence.

Archived