City to target 100 blocks for cleanup

Charles Pearson

Mayor Newsom also says that our freestanding "news racks" (I have to agree) are a disgrace and The City has plans to replace them with green consolidated racks, "which will dramatically cange the streetscape"...Some 325 green racks will be added to street corners in the next couple of months...Apparently, the cleanup of the racks had been stalled due a lawsuit filed by newspaper companies.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mayor Newsom also says that our freestanding "news racks" (I have to agree) are a disgrace and The City has plans to replace them with green consolidated racks, "which will dramatically cange the streetscape"...Some 325 green racks will be added to street corners in the next couple of months...Apparently, the cleanup of the racks had been stalled due a lawsuit filed by newspaper companies.

It's been reported that the homeless population has actually been reduced with Newsom's "Care & Not Cash" program...Face it, SF has made it (or used to make it) very easy to be homeless here (thus agencies from other places weres sending their homeless to SF where the life was plain easier) because homeless people or people with financial problems can qualify to get general assistance and get paid $422 a month for living expenses, which I suspect they use for drugs...But under "Care & Not Cash"--homeless adults who received General Assistant checks (avg. of $422) was reduced to $59 a month with the City providing them housing and food...It's been reported the homeless population is down...but I find that hard to believe when I run into an average of 10 people hitting me up for change on a daily basis...some of them even now wait outside the corner store or Walgreens, asking you to please give them your "loose" change when you come out... Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, depending on how I am feeling...

[...it is (homelessness) a tough situation, but if I am feeling darn happy and excited about "something" I tend to give w/o much thought ... except this one tall, thin woman with pop eyes that I've seen a dozen times on Market and she cries and begs so hard and have cursed me 'cause I wouldn't give her any money...so I've always refused to help her...cause she's a real user and scam artist...

[...it is (homelessness) a tough situation, but if I am feeling darn happy and excited about "something" I tend to give w/o much thought ... except this one tall, thin woman with pop eyes that I've seen a dozen times on Market and she cries and begs so hard and have cursed me 'cause I wouldn't give her any money...so I've always refused to help her...cause she's a real user and scam artist...

...i've noticed that they tend to look the other way...i know marijuna users get a low priorty here with all the cannibais clubs due to people who need to smoke it for pain or whatever their illness...but it's supposed to be the lowest proprity for law enforement. San Francisco joins this list with Santa Cruz, Santa Monica, and Santa Barbara, all in California, and Missoula in Montana, and Eureka Springs in Arkansas...

Archived