TheGerbil

Where are you from?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the appropriate answer:

• Born in Pittsburgh and live there now
    • Born in Pittsburgh and live elsewhere now
    • Born elsewhere and live in Pittsburgh now
    • Born elsewhere and live elsewhere now
    • "Boomerang" (Born here, moved, then returned)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm from Chambersburg (Central Pa). I went to Pitt in the early 90's and fell in love with the city. I moved to the triangle region of North Carolina for grad school and then lived in Columbus, OH for a couple years, but always had the intention of making my way back here. I moved back to Pittsburgh 5 years ago, recently bought a house in Friendship, and now can't imagine living anywhere else.

Born elsewhere but really the extreme edge of the Pittsburgh Sphere... St. Marys, PA in Elk County... about 2 1/2 hours northeast in the middle of the woods... fell in love with Pittsburgh at age 4 and 21 years later realized my dream of living here in January. Hope to do whatever I can to create positive change here.

I'm from North Jersey originally and my wife is from the Bay Area of California. We both came here to go to Pitt but love it here and don't intend to leave anytime soon. We could never afford to own homes in either of the areas that we came from.

Archived