Outlying towns around Springfield

I was wondering if there is any input from people who live in towns like Marshfield, Lebanon, Bolivar, Buffalo, Aurora, etc?

What are the growth rates like, any new things happening, new construction or businesses going in?

I moved to Lebanon from Springfield about a year and a half ago. For being 50 miles from Springfield I am amazed at how well the economy here is doing. There are several retail plazas, office parks, and subdivisions going up. In fact last year there were about 200 new housing permits issued. We are also experiencing some growth due to the realignment at Ft. Leonard Wood. I heard that about 500 families a month are moving there. This has had a huge impact on housing/rental prices in Waynesville/St. Robert, but it is also affecting Rolla and to some extent Lebanon. All in all Lebanon is growing well with the rest of SW Missouri.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering if there is any input from people who live in towns like Marshfield, Lebanon, Bolivar, Buffalo, Aurora, etc?

What are the growth rates like, any new things happening, new construction or businesses going in?

I moved to Lebanon from Springfield about a year and a half ago. For being 50 miles from Springfield I am amazed at how well the economy here is doing. There are several retail plazas, office parks, and subdivisions going up. In fact last year there were about 200 new housing permits issued. We are also experiencing some growth due to the realignment at Ft. Leonard Wood. I heard that about 500 families a month are moving there. This has had a huge impact on housing/rental prices in Waynesville/St. Robert, but it is also affecting Rolla and to some extent Lebanon. All in all Lebanon is growing well with the rest of SW Missouri.

Archived