Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pazzo83

Staunton

12 posts in this topic

Feature0107_02x.jpg

Staunton is a small city located in the western part of Virginia, about 40 miles west of C'ville, 100 miles west of Richmond, and 150 miles SW of DC. The city's population in 2000 was 23,853, with an area population of around 115,000. The city has recently been experiencing a rapid increase in housing stock, with over 1,000 new site plans submitted to the city in 2005 alone (this, for a city which has just shy of 10,000 residential units). The city's downtown is probably one of its most celebrated features, with millions invested during the past decade. Projects have included a hotel restoration, streetscaping, several building restorations, and a new parking garage, which is pictured above.

Here are some pics:

StauntonDowntown2.jpg

vfiles4643.jpg

eec27448f0464afbba7f5536f78bddf0_prefRes.jpg

bev1.jpg

245.jpg

onarch-tower.jpg

Stonewall Jackson Hotel:

frontextlg.jpg

cover-hotel.jpg

Blackfriars Playhouse:

EXTERIOR.gif

cover-blackfriars2.jpg

I love the look of downtown, something you might see in the movies. Thanks for sharing.

been a long time since I have been out there. Looks just like I remembered it.....not really surprised by that, but the pictures look great.

A Richmond development firm (Monroe Properties) recently did some work in Staunton Virginia

Old Y Condos

Really nice photos on the website ^^^

A Richmond development firm (Monroe Properties) recently did some work in Staunton Virginia

Old Y Condos

Really nice photos on the website ^^^

Robin Miller does nice work... you should be pleased with the finished product on that larger project as well.

Robin Miller does nice work... you should be pleased with the finished product on that larger project as well.