Mobile Skyline

bayourat15

As i posted before.....Just image what the skyline would look like if they would have put the 26story(cant find the photo) Gateway Condos at the foot of I-165 and water street. And the 20story one that they canceled in Daphne,put it in that big ugly parking lot off of Dauphin street , behind Boo Radley's and Grand Central. man!......i need a cigarette!

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TK is big, but it's not the type of operation that requires a huge white-collar presence wherever it has a production facility. the less administrative overhead, the more efficient the manufacturing process. the company has some kind of presence in all 50 states, and i know of no high-rises associated with its operations anywhere in the u.s. (but i could be wrong).

• 1 month later...

When I was in my teenager age, I and my family drove through the city. I'm not sure if I remember this... we were on highway into tunnel or something. Before that, I was very impressive with skyline, because it's very different from other cities. I'm trying to find current picture with skyline, do you know any?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is one serious pessimistic viewpoint when all forecasts are predicting quite the opposite. Mobile's downtown, was following a nationwide trend of urban renaissance prior to the economic boom. With the addition of Thyssen-Krupp, EADS and other industry, Mobile's skyline enhancement is eminent and should happen at a more rapid pace than what was previously experienced.

Archived