Fast Food Restaurants

I would like to know which fast food restaurants some of you eat at? As for me, I eat McDonald's a few times a week since I work for McDonald's. I am at the west leonard store, so if anyone who has eaten there and hasn't had a bad experience, feel free to share it and I'll make sure it gets addressed.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am usually at a fast food restaurant at least once a day. I work on the road so fast food is my nutrition(if it can be called that). I would say that the Mcdonald's that you work at is the slowest one that I have been to in the area. My company is right in the area so I frequent that one quite a bit. I wish that there was an A&W in the GR area. Why is it that there is only the one in Cedar Springs and the ones in the malls? I must say that Mcdonald's does have the best coffee now and it is great that they put the sugar and creamer in for you, much easier when you are driving.

I eat mostly at sit down restaurants such as Perkins, Arnies, etc. But in a pinch the fast food joints I will go to are Abries and Culvers. Every once in a blue moon I do BK.

As for McDonald's, I can't stand the place. The food tastes alright for the most part. But I do not like the feeling of rocks siting in my stomach which I get every time I eat there.

About what time is that you come to McDonald's? We have had some lunch rushes that can be quite slow, but I usually do not work past 4:30 PM and I hear that it's the dinner rushes that are slower. It is something I will bring to attention with my restaurant manager. Do you usually go to the drive-thru or come inside? You've tried the specialty coffees right? If not, feel free to come on in and give them a try.

I am usually at a fast food restaurant at least once a day. I work on the road so fast food is my nutrition(if it can be called that). I would say that the Mcdonald's that you work at is the slowest one that I have been to in the area. My company is right in the area so I frequent that one quite a bit. I wish that there was an A&W in the GR area. Why is it that there is only the one in Cedar Springs and the ones in the malls? I must say that Mcdonald's does have the best coffee now and it is great that they put the sugar and creamer in for you, much easier when you are driving.

I haven't had fast food in over a year, and the last thing was taco bell. Before that I gave up mcd's and bk several years back. It's such horrible food and so unsupportive of a local economy. The only semi-fast food I still eat on occasion: qdoba, jimmy johns, subway, panera bread, bagel beanery... I don't really consider them fast food though. Not only do they teach terrible food patterns to children (ronald mcdonald is a classic marketing ploy - a client which as an art director I would never work for) but they lack any nutritional content. People think they're eating a healthy salad and don't realize the dressing is filled with 800 calories and 18 grams of fat.

That said, I wish all fast food would go under and america would stop being so reliant on drive-thru satisfaction. And it also makes me sick to know that american fast food is ruining the health of foreign countries on top of our own.

I haven't had fast food in over a year, and the last thing was taco bell. Before that I gave up mcd's and bk several years back. It's such horrible food and so unsupportive of a local economy. The only semi-fast food I still eat on occasion: qdoba, jimmy johns, subway, panera bread, bagel beanery... I don't really consider them fast food though. Not only do they teach terrible food patterns to children (ronald mcdonald is a classic marketing ploy - a client which as an art director I would never work for) but they lack any nutritional content. People think they're eating a healthy salad and don't realize the dressing is filled with 800 calories and 18 grams of fat.

That said, I wish all fast food would go under and america would stop being so reliant on drive-thru satisfaction. And it also makes me sick to know that american fast food is ruining the health of foreign countries on top of our own.

I am there for all sorts of hours and I split it up between drive thru and inside. With most fast food places there are less people inside than in the drive thru and I can get my food to go before most people get through the line. I understand the meal time rushes, I worked at a BK for over two years. In order to categorize it into fast food, does it have a drive thru? Cause I can walk into a Little Caesar's and walk out with a cardboard pizza. And does Qdoba go into this category?

If I'm in a hurry, I usually stop by The Pita House, Cherry Deli, Wealthy Street Bakery, or XO's cart. The other night, I tried Buddy's Pizza & Dogs for the first time, and it wasn't bad at all. I was really craving some breakfast, which was advertised as available 24 hours, but they said it didn't start until 3 am. Although it's tough to do when you're in a hurry, I still try to support our local establishments.

I don't do ff often, but when I do my favorite is Wendy's. I like the variety of the side choices. If I want a burger, I'll get one, but then get a salad or baked chips. I like getting my son the healthier sides as well. It seems so many kid-friendly ff meals are fried, even in non fast-food places.

Panera bread's offerings are not exactly a better offering as far as calories/fat go than Burger King or McDonalds.

Panera Bread sandwiches:

* Italian Combo Sandwich: 1100 calories, 56g/fat, 20g/saturated fat and 3200mg sodium (133%)

* Tuscan Chicken Sandwich: 740cal/30g/1570mg

* Pepperblue Steak: 900cal/42g/2060mg

* Sierra Turkey Sandwich: 960cal/53g/2310mg

Anyone who blames the fast food industry on poor nutrition in their diet or making them fat is simply passing the buck. Don't eat there all the time and you won't get fat. The occasional french fries and burger is not harmful and quite good. Growing up, McDonalds was a treat not a regularity. I love fast food but am smart enough to realize that if I make that my sole diet I am not going to feel good and probably pack a few pounds on!!!!! DUH! And who goes to fast food restaurants for healthy food? What's the point??? LOL

p.s. Thanks for bumming me out Rally Matt . . . The Italian sandwhich at Panerea is one of my favorites. . .I figured it had some calories/fat . .but geez . . . cross that one of my list. ha!

Sadly, I eat fast-food from time to time. Especially on long road trips when I was too lazy to pack my own food.

When I'm here in GR and I know the lay of the land, I can find "good" fast food like Sami's Pita House, Yesterdog, Cherry Deli (too good to be called Fast Food?), or even Qdoba, Noodles & Co or Panera. When I'm in Detroit I pretty much stick to Kerby's Koney Island which is good...but not good-for-you (but good...really good).

When we're on the road, we get stuck with crap and a stray Jimmy John's can look like a Saharan Oasis. In the end, we get stuck with McWendy's King far too often. At which point I hate my meal.

Moe's, on 28th St, in front of Costco. Awesome, fresh food. The "I said Posse" quesadilla- grilled veggies, mushrooms, tortilla chips and a drink for under $6. They have a salsa bar, the Kaiser salsa is great (smokey peppers) and the vinegar based hot sauce (try the medium the first time) is addictive. Love this place. "Welcome to Moe's" is yelled when you open the door.

Moe's, on 28th St, in front of Costco. Awesome, fresh food. The "I said Posse" quesadilla- grilled veggies, mushrooms, tortilla chips and a drink for under $6. They have a salsa bar, the Kaiser salsa is great (smokey peppers) and the vinegar based hot sauce (try the medium the first time) is addictive. Love this place. "Welcome to Moe's" is yelled when you open the door.

Archived