Journey to Uptown

JerseyBoy

Yesterday, I took a drive to Uptown but my time was limited to some family members who wanted to stop at Concord Mills. After the mills I went to Phat Burrito (which I had heard very good reviews about) and was very impressed with the food but the cleanliness could've been better (actually they had an 85 sanitation rating). I had been to Uptown many times before but this was a chance to test out my new tripod with my camera at night though I didn't get to spend as long as I wanted to down here as I had wished, but it was still an incredible experience!

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Wow DaAchiever, these are some stunning pics. of Charlotte. I liked the Omni Hotel and of course the Bank of America Corporate Center with it's stunning crown designed by famed architect Cessar Pelli. It's like the queen is standing up with her crown on her head looking out over her land lol!!!! I also like the streetscape, it's very nice and inviting. Uptown certainly is having a revival in skyscrapers. Some Atlantans jokingly say that Charlotte is their evil twin sister, yea like two different football teams playing to see who will win. I say the Southeast as a whole wins, IMO. Good job, I look forward to seeing more. :thumbsup:

wonderful views, especially the shots taken from the light rail looking north.

seems there are quite a few camera bugs out there that like taking skyline photos. Just curious, how many look for that special angle, or view that no one else has taken.

I'd love to see some skyline views taken from some of the older high rise developments along Queens or even further out with a zoom lens. Some of those "hard to get to" places that would offer that rare view of the skyline. Although I'm not a professional photographer (love the automatic setting), I often see vantage points that would look good with a camera. Maybe one day I'll try and get that special skyline shot that I've always wanted.

...Just curious, how many look for that special angle, or view that no one else has taken.

I'd love to see some skyline views taken from some of the older high rise developments along Queens or even further out with a zoom lens. Some of those "hard to get to" places that would offer that rare view of the skyline....

Funny story about this: I was off last weekend doing errands with wife and camera, just taking it easy and clicking off easy shots for fun, and around sunset I said, "hey lets head over to the Central Ave bridge at Independence and see if we can snap a good sunset shot." When got to the bridge, there were already about 15 people set up with tripods and very expensive cameras shooting (it could have been a camera club, or it could have just been such an inspiring night that everyone thought of the same thing). Nevertheless, I opted to leave the shots to the pros, and not embarass myself with my little digital camera.

When got to the bridge, there were already about 15 people set up with tripods and very expensive cameras shooting (it could have been a camera club, or it could have just been such an inspiring night that everyone thought of the same thing). Nevertheless, I opted to leave the shots to the pros, and not embarass myself with my little digital camera.

Archived