Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigboyz05

Columbus

12 posts in this topic

Is this a fast growing city? t development is going on there?

Now it looks like Columbus is going to be the home of a new diesel truck engine plant which will employ 500-800 people. It will build engines for Peterbilt, Kenworth, and some other brands. Pretty exciting stuff!!!

Great news! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on developments in the Golden Triangle!

Now it looks like Columbus is going to be the home of a new diesel truck engine plant which will employ 500-800 people. It will build engines for Peterbilt, Kenworth, and some other brands. Pretty exciting stuff!!!

Any updates on the Columbus economy? Job announcements? My company is looking to finance some low-income apartments there, and I will be travelling to Columbus in a little over a week, to check things out.

I will try to do a bit of research for you and get something posted later today. Tom

All I have been able to find is an announcement on BidClerk about the construction of a 150,000 sq. ft. steel manufacturing plant. As for other developments, I have not been able to find much else. I will keep my ears to the ground.

BidClerk.com

I appreciate the help....I assume the bidclerk project is the same steel mill that was mentioned in this thread back in April? Or would this be a future phase?

I think it is the same project mentioned in April. I just saw an announcement about a Toyota supplier which will be building an $80m plant in Itawamba County, but this is merely an ancillary plant for the Toyota plant being built in Blue Springs. I'll continue to look for things going on in Columbus. I'm in New Orleans right now, so it may be a couple of days before I can add more info. for you. Tom

Queen City Hotel- Blues Landamark Demolished

The Queen City Hotel, once a haunt of the likes of Billie Holiday and James Brown, is now nothing more than a pile of rubble. The circumstances of its demolition are a bit odd. If one reads the xrticle below carefully, it appears that the owners once deeded the property over to a group fpr preservation, but the deed thety signed was for the wrong building. Something about the demolition seems suspect when one considers the pressure brought to bear on its owners. As for the building itself, it might be good for us to remind ourselves that history does not always come in pretty packages.

The Commercial Dispatch

Hey whats the news on the new mall plan in Columbus? Specs, timeline, businesses involved.

I'm trying to find out again, and thought somebody here could be of a big help

never mind. i see the thread decidated to this topic.

go me and actually reading topic threads!! DOH.