bigboyz05

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it is the same project mentioned in April. I just saw an announcement about a Toyota supplier which will be building an $80m plant in Itawamba County, but this is merely an ancillary plant for the Toyota plant being built in Blue Springs. I'll continue to look for things going on in Columbus. I'm in New Orleans right now, so it may be a couple of days before I can add more info. for you. Tom

• 2 months later...

Queen City Hotel- Blues Landamark Demolished

The Queen City Hotel, once a haunt of the likes of Billie Holiday and James Brown, is now nothing more than a pile of rubble. The circumstances of its demolition are a bit odd. If one reads the xrticle below carefully, it appears that the owners once deeded the property over to a group fpr preservation, but the deed thety signed was for the wrong building. Something about the demolition seems suspect when one considers the pressure brought to bear on its owners. As for the building itself, it might be good for us to remind ourselves that history does not always come in pretty packages.

The Commercial Dispatch

• 3 months later...

Archived