Tupelo

bigboyz05

• 1 month later...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of development news in this regio because of the new Toyota plant. I have heard that the Hilton Garden Inn which just opened last winter is already making plans for expansion. Several other smaller hotels are in the planning stages as well. This plant will bring lots of money and energy to the region.

I have heard that the tri-county area has a pretty good hold on regional planning, but I can't say for sure. Whatever happens, this new plant will put the area to the test. A lot of great things could come out of all of this, so let's keep our fingers crossed for the region.

Yeah one thing I will say about Tupelo is the developments going on in the area are very well planned and thought out. The last time I was in Tupelo and saw I the growth and development there, I don't remember seeing any of what I like to call temporary development. As in shopping centers that don't look like there permanent or sprawl type development. Most of the development is in the area of the new mall or the Bancorp South Center, and seems to be very nice. The new mall area kind of compares to a smaller version of U.S. 98 West in Hattiesburg, for those of you familiar with that area.

• 1 month later...
Yeah one thing I will say about Tupelo is the developments going on in the area are very well planned and thought out. The last time I was in Tupelo and saw I the growth and development there, I don't remember seeing any of what I like to call temporary development. As in shopping centers that don't look like there permanent or sprawl type development. Most of the development is in the area of the new mall or the Bancorp South Center, and seems to be very nice. The new mall area kind of compares to a smaller version of U.S. 98 West in Hattiesburg, for those of you familiar with that area.

• 1 month later...

Toyota Supplier to Build $80m Plant in Itawamba County

This isn't strictly Tupelo, but it is near enough that I shall include the news in this thread. A Toyota supplier has announced its intention to build an $80m plant in Itawamba County which will supply wheel assembly packages for the Toyota plant in Blue Springs. I hope this is merely the first in a long line of other projects for the area.

The Clarion-Ledger

^ That is great news. I hope we see several more announcements like this is the region. Those should prove to be great employers and offer the pay and benefits needed to boost local economies significantly.

This just goes to show how quickly an assembly plant can start effecting local economies via the support facilities that have to spring up to support the main plant.

Thanks Tom for providing the link, I hadn't heard about this plant yet.

There's one other parts supplier that has committed to building a 260-employee plant somewhere in north Mississippi. They haven't narrowed down a specific location yet, but I'll be it'll be in the vicinity of Tupelo.

Good point. Oxford and Lafayette County don't need industry to sustain themselves. Industry might be harmful to the general atmosphere of Oxford. Other counties need it more, so let them have it. You are probably correct, though, that executives often make such decisions based upon their own preferences, whether or not they make good sense.

• 4 weeks later...

Major Supply Plant to be Built Near Baldwyn

A major plant which will supply windows and doors for the Toyota plant under construction in nearby Blue Springs will add to the rapidly developing economic base of the area. It's really remarkable to see this area develop and I expect that even more announcements will follow.

The Sun Herald

• 3 weeks later...
Major Supply Plant to be Built Near Baldwyn

A major plant which will supply windows and doors for the Toyota plant under construction in nearby Blue Springs will add to the rapidly developing economic base of the area. It's really remarkable to see this area develop and I expect that even more announcements will follow.

The Sun Herald

Archived