The Upstate's Water

GvilleSC

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlotte does not get its water from any of the river basins having to do with the Upstate of SC, and I would doubt that it would ever need any from there. It has plenty of water coming from the NC mountains via the Catawba river basin and the city is surrounded by lakes Norman, Mt Island, and Wylie.

Whoever wrote that article did not do their homework.

It lists Keowee as a souce of Greenville water. Where else does Greenville get its water? I was thinking that someone draws from the Table Rock Resevoir...?

But Greenville's inter-basin transfer opens the argument for an inter-basin transfer to Atlanta, Eidson said.

It lists Keowee as a souce of Greenville water. Where else does Greenville get its water? I was thinking that someone draws from the Table Rock Resevoir...?

Also, does anyone think that Greenville's drawing from Keowee make a case for Atlanta to draw from the basin?

If I remember correctly, I read something in the paper somewhat recently about the cities of (I think) Kannapolis and Concord wanting to take more water out of a river, and how it would affect the inputs into Lake Wateree. I recall that Sanford was considering suing the state of North Carolina, I'm not sure.

If I remember correctly, I read something in the paper somewhat recently about the cities of (I think) Kannapolis and Concord wanting to take more water out of a river, and how it would affect the inputs into Lake Wateree. I recall that Sanford was considering suing the state of North Carolina, I'm not sure.

Archived