Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

New blues club coming to Commerce in the Heartside

27 posts in this topic

According to Chris. It will apparently be going into that vacant building just to the East of 240 Ionia.

452948818_ff12638922.jpg

According to Chris. It will apparently be going into that vacant building just to the East of 240 Ionia. ...

This is definately what we need, business starting to locate on Commerce. Having entertainment options on multiple parallel streets will add depth to downtown. Great news.

Well, just found my new hangout. Can't wait for it to open.

Any plans to spruce up the building? It needs it!

Joe

The hell with the blues club... Chris mentioned Bob Talbert, one of my favorite writers forever. (You, too?)

[found 36 Easter eggs in my Sunday Freep, but I do not want to win the Tigers tix]

According to Chris. It will apparently be going into that vacant building just to the East of 240 Ionia.

452948818_ff12638922.jpg

I sure hope this new blues club does well ! I enjoyed hearing blues at that bar where Tre Cuigini is now . . . (brain is failing me on the name) Jr Valentine played there . . . it was a good time . . .

I sure hope this new blues club does well ! I enjoyed hearing blues at that bar where Tre Cuigini is now . . . (brain is failing me on the name) Jr Valentine played there . . . it was a good time . . .

You're showing your eastern Michigan roots. Probably most people here don

Any plans for the outside of the building at this point?

Joe

"Sprucing" is already happening, theres been crews inside that place for the past couple weeks

Yes, I was going to say Rhythm Kitchen Cafe, Friday nights, Potato Chip Redfish, Junior Valentine and the All Stars, my wife and I used to go there regularly... :shades:

I don't know Joe, the exterior isn't horrible. It could use some windows. But then again, it's a blues bar, so I don't see them wanting more light on the inside. Maybe they'll just wrap it in neon lights like the strip club owner did on Grandville (I can't even remember his name now).

454276364_1105d0b3c0_b.jpg

No Sammie, can you share any info? 64 Ionia I believe is where Ritz Koney is now.

Rhythm Kitchen!!!! Thank you !!!!!!!!!! :good:

Hank Mowery who used to own Rhythm Kitchen still plays a couple of times a month at Billy's. He came up on stage and played a tune with Nick Moss and Bill Lupkin a couple of weeks ago. Hank is one hell of a harmonica player.

^Bump

Anyone heard any news on this? Nobody has mentioned it in a long time.

^Bump

Anyone heard any news on this? Nobody has mentioned it in a long time.

Agreed. Jazz really seems to blend well with the atmosphere of being downtown, as well.

River City Slim's is opening on 9/10. They are going to have live music 3 nights a week.