The Gateway Site

gs3

• 4 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Another month gone by and the crickets are loud and clear. :dontknow:

After hearing it was going to be only 80 feet tall, I honestly hope it died. This site deserves better and I’m willing to wait on that. What’s another 22 years anyways? 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, gman430 said:

After hearing it was going to be only 80 feet tall, I honestly hope it died. This site deserves better and I’m willing to wait on that. What’s another 22 years anyways? 

I wonder if anyone has considered building a large, mixed-use development with conference/convention center, hotel, residential, retail, and perhaps museum space, on the Gateway site (incorporating significant property across Beattie Place).

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, apaladin said:

Looks like this is just another investor who will hold the property for a little while, sell it and make a quick buck. Never any intentions of building anything. How many times has this happened with this property? 5-6 or more?

What’s sad is every proposal on that site, for as long as I remember, I’ve been optimistic about. Always thinking “this will one will be the one.” So disappointing that I’m so gullible. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 11:58 PM, apaladin said:

Looks like this is just another investor who will hold the property for a little while, sell it and make a quick buck. Never any intentions of building anything. How many times has this happened with this property? 5-6 or more?

My thoughts exactly on this site.  its more valuable for what it "could be" than what it actually is.  Eventually the potential to flip this for profit will run out and someone will actually have to build on it.  Until then, grand plans, then for sale signs.  Then finally, something really modest and boring, maybe it will get turned into one of those "round a bouts" that I keep hearing about :tw_lol:

Edited by gvegascple
clarity

3 hours ago, gvegascple said:

My thoughts exactly on this site.  its more valuable for what it "could be" than what it actually is.  Eventually the potential to flip this for profit will run out and someone will actually have to build on it.  Until then, grand plans, then for sale signs.  Then finally, something really modest and boring, maybe it will get turned into one of those "round a bouts" that I keep hearing about :tw_lol:

:silly: And eventually the "could be" that makes it appealing becomes "couldn't be" and nobody will want it anymore. I can hear the developers, "you can have that awful parcel where the auditorium used to be." "No you take it." 

And who knows, maybe it becomes so udesirable that it's only fit for a broken down green fence and a tile building of the same color. :w00t:

• 4 weeks later...

Ran across this old thread from 2010 talking about a rendering for the Gateway site; just thought it was worth re-showing. Apparently the rendering was already a decade old then, but something like this would have been very nice for that site.  Here is copy of the rendering from that thread; I think gman had gotten this from somewhere. 

001-36.jpg

Edited by distortedlogic

• 4 weeks later...