gs3

The Gateway Site

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

I bought a Christmas tree to put on site. Better than nothing. :D 

Good,  that will add holiday cheer to the site....hope it's taller than the fence so it can be seen & enjoyed by all that pass by. :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

Good,  that will add holiday cheer to the site....hope it's taller than the fence so it can be seen & enjoyed by all that pass by. :D

Agreed.  Just be prepared for someone to be offended. :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

I stole the one from Biltmore. :D 

• Haha 2

At this point...just let who ever owns it build something. The city needs to back off or buy it and build a cool plaza and signature work of art for the city. 

1 hour ago, sptgguy said:

At this point...just let who ever owns it build something. The city needs to back off or buy it and build a cool plaza and signature work of art for the city. 

Arch? Spaceneedle w/rotating waffle house restaurant at top?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, gvegascple said:

Arch? Spaceneedle w/rotating waffle house restaurant at top?

HAHAHAHA ...no but how about a replica of a mill smoke stack covered in "street art" that represents all of Greenville set in the middle of a park.  

10 minutes ago, sptgguy said:

HAHAHAHA ...no but how about a replica of a mill smoke stack covered in "street art" that represents all of Greenville set in the middle of a park.  

I will compromise.  I love the idea of the mill smoke stack with street art.  Can we not still put a spinning waffle house on top of it?

Edited by gvegascple

at some point the game of purchasing, spending a little money on some pretend plans, hanging onto for a little while and reselling is going to backfire.  Like musical chairs someone is going to be stuck with this site when its officially deemed worthless.

Such a good spot for a public space with park, plaza and some sort of large public art piece.

Would be a great sight for someone first coming into Greenville off 385. Can also be used for pre-game events, food truck festivals and similar outdoor community events during tournaments at Bon Secours.

This might be a good spot for a smaller sized events venue than BSWS.  Maybe something that seats around 7500 and could be used as a multi-purpose arena.  

Edited by gvegascple

I think the site should be turned into a cemetery with gravestones marking all of the failed developments downtown. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, gvegascple said:

This might be a good spot for a smaller sized events venue than BSWS.  Maybe something that seats around 7500 and could be used as a multi-purpose arena.  

Wish we could have something like Asheville's Orange Peel downtown. I could see the gateway site being a good location for something like that. I know that's a hard market in Greenville though considering the close proximity of Asheville, Charlotte, and Atlanta. 

11 minutes ago, Den2Gvl said:

Wish we could have something like Asheville's Orange Peel downtown. I could see the gateway site being a good location for something like that. I know that's a hard market in Greenville though considering the close proximity of Asheville, Charlotte, and Atlanta. 

The joke is that is what used to be there before and I agree something like the Orange Peel would be good there.  I thought at one time this was to be an entertainment district of sorts and that is inline with that and would get us more music which would be amazing to have and a plus for attracting more people and companies to the area.

2 hours ago, gvegascple said:

The joke is that is what used to be there before and I agree something like the Orange Peel would be good there.  I thought at one time this was to be an entertainment district of sorts and that is inline with that and would get us more music which would be amazing to have and a plus for attracting more people and companies to the area.

We have a place right off of Woodruff for this type of entertainment. If I wanted Asheville I'd move there. Not my type of place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motonenterprises said:

We have a place right off of Woodruff for this type of entertainment. If I wanted Asheville I'd move there. Not my type of place.

you lost me at "Woodruff Rd".  Not every place with a good live music venue is Asheville.  The orange peel is used a lot because its a good example of a nearby venue sized to get good talent that isnt going to tour arenas.

5 minutes ago, gvegascple said:

you lost me at "Woodruff Rd".  Not every place with a good live music venue is Asheville.  The orange peel is used a lot because its a good example of a nearby venue sized to get good talent that isnt going to tour arenas.

I've been told that The Firmament is similar. Then there are other places too with different genres.

Just now, motonenterprises said:

Plenty of entertainment in Greenville.

live music that is in between arena tours and a guy with a guitar at Smileys is a huge deadspot here.   This is not news to anyone.

Just now, gvegascple said:

live music that is in between arena tours and a guy with a guitar at Smileys is a huge deadspot here.   This is not news to anyone.

Many more places than Smileys though.

I don't have time to list them all.

• Like 1