The Gateway Site

gs3

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

I just emailed the developer, let's see if I get anything back. :dontknow:

I tried a few weeks ago and never heard anything back. Tried emailing the architect also and once again no response. I’ve got a bad feeling this one isn’t happening mainly because they haven’t gone back to the DRB for final materials approval. I hope I am wrong and this project will still happen but this site is beyond cursed so I am probably not. 

And to anybody saying have patience. This site has been empty for over 25 YEARS. Patience ran out decades ago. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I tried a few weeks ago and never heard anything back. Tried emailing the architect also and once again no response. I’ve got a bad feeling this one isn’t happening mainly because they haven’t gone back to the DRB for final materials approval. I hope I am wrong and this project will still happen but this site is beyond cursed so I am probably not. 

And to anybody saying have patience. This site has been empty for over 25 YEARS. Patience ran out decades ago. 

How about emailing the DRB, city manager? Someone has to know...

14 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

How about emailing the DRB, city manager? Someone has to know...

I have emailed everybody I can think of minus the city manager who I will email this morning. They either don’t know or haven’t responded back. Sad. 

Edited by gman430

32 minutes ago, apaladin said:

So is this the site that just sold in the Gateway district thread? Why did we need another thread. I’m confused. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hmmm, now that you mention it so am I. I thought that post was about the planned highrise but going back and looking maybe that was for something else. That thread starts out talking about the LEC site. :dontknow:

The post I made in the other thread is about the planned high rise for the former memorial auditorium site. That is the project going to the DRB on April 6th for final materials approval. The pdf file for it will be posted on the city’s website on March 22nd. Sorry for the confusion. Vicupstate posted about that same site selling in that thread which is why I posted it there instead of here. The city manager didn’t email me back until yesterday. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, gman430 said:

The post I made in the other thread is about the planned high rise for the former memorial auditorium site. That is the project going to the DRB on April 6th for final materials approval. The pdf file for it will be posted on the city’s website on March 22nd. Sorry for the confusion. Vicupstate posted about that same site selling in that thread which is why I posted it there instead of here. The city manager didn’t email me back until yesterday. 

Why was it sold if they already own it and are moving forward? 

The pit is going to have a parking garage underneath the buildings which makes sense. 178 feet for North Tower not including the architectural element on top and 78 feet for south building. Restaurant space at bottom of south building at intersection. North building looks okay but the south building is nothing short of ugly in my opinion. Those balconies are hideous. 

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/10380?fileID=58974 

Edited by gman430

News article on Gateway site. Press release was issued today on the project. Construction to start either in fourth quarter 2023 or first quarter 2024: 

https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/business/greenville-memorial-auditorium-site-to-start-redevelopment-as-soon-as-years-end/article_0fccf84c-c746-11ed-b26a-33044afe1b88.html

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

Just saw this on WYFF. I agree, the taller one is good to go, let's finally make it happen. The shorter one... needs some serious help; I hope the DRB will ask for some changes on that one.

Are there any hotel rooms planned for this? If they are trying to make it an "entertainment" development wouldn't that be an important aspect?

• Like 3