River House Apartments Progress

vdogg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That shell station has got to go...maybe a WAWA could fit there.

What ever is done, I hope it fits the character of the neighborhood. There is so much potential for this historic corridor of Norfolk. I really with the Riverside Movie theater could be restored someday.

I could see this street becoming the next Colley Ave in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Someone needs to take some pictures of these. I passed by the other day and the whole project looks pretty neat. The buildings have a very modern look to them and they fit in well with their surroundings. Not a fan of the suburban style parking but at least some of the buildings are flush with the road giving that area a bit more of an urban feel.

• 4 weeks later...
Just came from the Riverview area and the apartments closest to the waterfront are complete and a big "now leasing" sign is up! They loook very very nice and dense.. I'm curious to see if they fill up quick.. It's a pretty nice location!

• 3 months later...

Can we say Chesapeake?

This looks nothing like the rest of Riverview...I'm not sure that I have any suggestions for what could have been done here, cause its kinda an under served and awkward part of town...maybe a mixed used development with shops underneath, but the only types of stores that I feel would work in Riverview is maybe antique shops. Oh well, there's still more land around there that can be bought or redeveloped.

it would have been better if they could have built a larger tower on the point. the multiple mid-rise buildings do, as you say, look very Chesapeake. it looked better as an abandoned building. really, with this development and the one across Granby St, they really wasted a great opportunity. Thye could have built walkable, urban-type developments whcih could have set the standard to bring an urban feel all the way down Granby St. Really, there is not much at this section of granby historically, that couldnt be torn down and rebuilt.

While not the most urban of developments it will bring more people to the neighborhood which should help the area businesses out a bit. I've never really been to any of the shops/restaurants over there but it seems like a nice little part of town. Maybe someone will reopen the Riverview Theatre again?

Archived