Need a script for Tim Allen

Veloise

Tim Allen to pitch downtown GR in radio spots

Now, the 53-year-old Allen will make radio ads lauding downtown Grand Rapids this summer....On Wednesday, Allen's voice was part of a $140,000, two-year deal by the Downtown Development Authority to tap into a popular statewide tourism campaign.

By this fall, his commentary will laud downtown Grand Rapids on commercial radio stations throughout the region as part of the Pure Michigan campaign.

"We'll be able to really leverage this with a much more powerful brand: Pure Michigan. For 2007, the voice will be Tim Allen," said Janet Korn, vice president of marketing for the city's Convention and Visitors Bureau.

The script for Allen's tourism commercials will be written this summer, with tapes ready to play by fall.

We all came up with many great alternatives to "KIAS," so let's put our collective heads together and make this wonderful. (Hey, if it worked for the script and screenplay for Snakes on a Plane...)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand Tim Allen! At least I can't stand the characters he plays. If he is promoting Grand Rapids I hope he is doing it as Tim Allen and not Tim The Toolman Taylor or anything. I really don't want to hear any grunting in the ads.

No kidding. A star who has appeared in many blockbuster movies (including one at the theaters now), had a long running sitcom, was a successful standup, went to Western, drove in the West Michigan Grand Prix and still loves his home state of Michigan. Who needs him. :mellow:

He's done a lot of work since his grunting Tool Time days.

No kidding. A star who has appeared in many blockbuster movies (including one at the theaters now), had a long running sitcom, was a successful standup, went to Western, drove in the West Michigan Grand Prix and still loves his home state of Michigan. Who needs him. :mellow:

He's done a lot of work since his grunting Tool Time days.

Anyone have a link to one of the radio spots for Pure Michigan? (NPR listener here.)

It seems that the DDA is also considering visuals (so I heard). They have lots of pics, but are reluctant to use, say, a packed-with kiddies RPC ice rink because of model releases, fair use, recognizable people, etc etc. (See my post about "third place" and attorney paranoia regarding square dance videos on YouTube.)

I suggested that UP could serve as host for a "casting call" as needed...mentioned the dozens of Rampagers (spring sportswear in January) who came DT to be in the Super Bowl commercial.

So watch this space...and perhaps cook up your "profile" appearance.

Anyone have a link to one of the radio spots for Pure Michigan? (NPR listener here.)

It seems that the DDA is also considering visuals (so I heard). They have lots of pics, but are reluctant to use, say, a packed-with kiddies RPC ice rink because of model releases, fair use, recognizable people, etc etc. (See my post about "third place" and attorney paranoia regarding square dance videos on YouTube.)

I suggested that UP could serve as host for a "casting call" as needed...mentioned the dozens of Rampagers (spring sportswear in January) who came DT to be in the Super Bowl commercial.

So watch this space...and perhaps cook up your "profile" appearance.

I don't know if it will work effectively, but it might introduce folks to downtown who aren't in the know. Chicago just wrapped up an ad campaign on the GR Market touting Illinois and the Mag Mile "Mile after Magnificent Mile." -- I'm not sure if it's still going.

Archived