• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I found some construction pictures from May and June. I will be posting more soon.

View looking northeast. You will notice tracks for the Northstar commuter rail on the west side of Target Field. The Hiawatha light-rail line runs along the north side of the stadium. The proposed plan for the empty parking lot north of Target Field includes an intermodal center.

f_TwinsStadium_a315b15.jpg

Target%20Field%20Tour%20027a.jpg

Target%20Field%20Tour%20053a.jpg

3536628388_7edd5322c5_b.jpg

3536625352_4e54e6d261_b.jpg

picture_8.png

3592834895_9657391aed.jpg

3592838457_df021ab66a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Awesome photos! Minneapolis is such a beautiful looking city... That ballpark will be gem. What are the plans for the Metrodome? Are the Vikings still looking at a new stadium? A saw where the Univ of Minnesota has a new football stadium as well--which is very cool looking as well by the way.

Thanks dbull75. As far as plans for the Metrodome are concerned, the Vikings are there until 2011. Their plans are to build a new, retractable-roof multi-purpose stadium on the existing dome site for about $954 million. It makes sense to build on the current site being there is existing infrastructure including roadways, access ramps, surface streets, parking ramps, transit lines and stations, sewer, power and telecommunications.

I will be posting new photos TCF Stadium soon.

Thanks dbull75. As far as plans for the Metrodome are concerned, the Vikings are there until 2011. Their plans are to build a new, retractable-roof multi-purpose stadium on the existing dome site for about $954 million. It makes sense to build on the current site being there is existing infrastructure including roadways, access ramps, surface streets, parking ramps, transit lines and stations, sewer, power and telecommunications.

I will be posting new photos TCF Stadium soon.

Archived