Aloft by W

gs3

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember hearing some serious discussion about Aloft coming to Greenville, and the former site plan for Magnolia Park Town Center included the name as a possible tenant. With all of the major developments in the works, it is very likely that they are looking to enter the market as part of one. :shades:

I could see an aloft in Greenville. Hopefully if the city gets one it would go downtown, but I could see it in some other type of development.

Agreed. I could see one in downtown or along the growing stretch of 85. I could see one around Innovista / USC in Columbia. I could see one in Mt. Pleasant in Charleston. All three in good growth areas in all three cities. :thumbsup:

^I do agree.

The one that's coming to Charlotte is part of this big entertainment complex and condo tower. With all of the projects slated for Greenville, I wonder if an aloft would choose to be a part of any of them?

I would expect an Aloft to locate in one of the new I-85 developments - Magnolia Park Town Center or The Point, most likely. As much as I would love to see one locate downtown, they may hold off until the two new downtown hotels are complete to see if the demand will necessitate another.

^ Ouija Board and 8 Ball say "signs point to yes". :whistling:

:silly::rofl: Plus the people who are working on these projects. :alc:

I wish they could be attracted to locate on Pleasantburg to help give it an identity. Possibly part of a large development near the Carolina First Center? Pleasantburg really could use a large development. The road has the capacity to handle the growth.

I wish they could be attracted to locate on Pleasantburg to help give it an identity. Possibly part of a large development near the Carolina First Center? Pleasantburg really could use a large development. The road has the capacity to handle the growth.

There is a plan for a new hotel at the Carolina First Center, but it will be much larger than the 140-room Aloft most likely coming to Greenville.

There is a plan for a new hotel at the Carolina First Center, but it will be much larger than the 140-room Aloft most likely coming to Greenville.

It doesn't need to be at the convention center, but Pleasantburg could use the investment and it's a great location, I'd think, for guests.

• 1 month later...

We're probably talking about suburbia for the Greenville location, yes?

By "locations" I meant the three cities.

Within Greenville though, everything I hear tells me Magnolia. There is also another hot rumor that it would be around Pelham or 14, closer to the airport. :dontknow:

By "locations" I meant the three cities.

Within Greenville though, everything I hear tells me Magnolia. There is also another hot rumor that it would be around Pelham or 14, closer to the airport. :dontknow:

Not to hijack the thread, but is the Sheraton near the airport (next to Michelin and the Greenville Marriott) still a go? I haven't heard anything about it or seen any action on the site. I hope it is still going to happen. But I mention it because it would be interesting to get a new Sheraton AND an Aloft by W added to the other hotels in the Pelham area.

G-man posted in another thread that the Aloft by W will likely be at Magnolia Park. But he might have just read it here. :lol:

• 1 month later...

And...........in digging deeper.......seems the new Starwood extended stay brand "element" (they use a small case e) is definitely planned to open here as one of the first group of 25 in 2008 / 2009. :thumbsup: It is currently the only one planned for SC.

When they say "airport," "The Parkway," and "Greenville Mall," I have to wonder exactly which location has been selected (or if there are multiple locations). Don't forget that Greenville's Marriott on The Parkway is also considered the "airport" Marriott. With the addition of the planned Sheraton right there as well, that will be an even stronger exit on the Interstate for accomodations. Hopefully much of that strength will continue to shift toward Woodruff Road as well.

Looks like Greenville is getting all of the infastructure together to be a tourist/Major business destination.If all of the business related developments play out many more projects like this could be in the works.

And...........in digging deeper.......seems the new Starwood extended stay brand "element" (they use a small case e) is definitely planned to open here as one of the first group of 25 in 2008 / 2009. :thumbsup: It is currently the only one planned for SC.

Didn't the Greenville news run an article close to a year ago that a local Hotel was being converted to an Element? Maybe it was a Hampton Inn?

Archived