Midtown Atlanta District Developments

ironchapman

Martiman thank you so much for the development compilation. It clearly shows how much development has taken place in Midtown in just a few years. 

Now for a construction site update....

14240563_1655098304800884_1349390862_n.jpg

In the foreground, NCR Corp's World HQ. To the left of University House is Modera Midtown. Just in front of One Atlantic Center is the recently topped out Atlantic House. The crane in front of Atlantic House is for Post Midtown.

While Atlanta may not be on national media's radar, it definitely is on the radar of major employers....

Anthem eyes Midtown for technology center, will create more than 1000 jobs.

The Indianapolis based Fortune 50 health insurance firm is eyeing at least three floors in the Bank of America tower to create a technology center. This announcement cone on the heels of a string of technology oriented announcements for the Midtown submarket. With this announcement, recent job announcements for the City of Atlanta will have to be expressed in several thousands as opposed to 100s. I haven't added them up but off my head I can think of at least 8000 jobs announced for Midtown recently. Some of these jobs are transfers from the suburbs to the city. This, of course, will only further cement the necessity for the plethora of residential towers that are either recently completed, under construction or proposed.  

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2016/10/03/anthem-eyes-midtown-for-technology-center.html

• Like 1

The nearly completed Atlantic House......

30260500556_b3e907a74a_b.jpg

One Atlantic Center stands tall above the Atlantic House. To the left, the crane of the 39-story Apogee Midtown apartment tower. 

30260497076_d3bee0f639_b.jpg

The garage of the Atlantic House has turned out better than I had expected. The limestone cladding adds a touch of class to this Novare offering. Once the retail is fully leased, it will definitely add to the pedestrian experience. 

Thanks to Ant131531

Edited by Lady Celeste
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Monti said:

I didn't know about this project, so I Googled it and found this rendering.  I'm pretty sure the glass tower to the left is Metropolis and it looks like Bulldogs will remain.

Hanover-Midtown-Atlanta-1-1024x584.png

Yes, that is Metropolis to the far left. Above is a rendering of the Peachtree portion of the base of the tower. Below is a picture of the tower portion.

Image result for peachtree and 7th atlanta

A view from the penthouse level of Viewpoint shows the construction progress of Post Midtown and Apogee (22 14th Street). The recently completed Atlantic House is also shown in this picture. Even at 32 stories, Atlantic House looks so short. Either way, I can't complain about the growing density of Midtown.

14716431_1412848645409486_4524576720090562560_n.jpg

Edited by Lady Celeste
  • Like 1

Ladies and gentlemen, a look into the future, as I have developed via the humble SketchUp:

In the first image, Midtown as it looks today. In the second, Midtown when all currently under construction buildings are completed. Continued in the post immediately below this one.

Current NE.PNG

UC NE.PNG

Next we have Midtown as it will look if all currently proposed buildings come to pass, and the last image shows what I call "informed speculation" on things like the 17th Street Selig development, the MARTA Arts Center redevelopment, and 12th and Midtown's last phase.

Proposed_NE.PNG

Speculative NE.PNG

• Like 2

That's a great angle to view Midtown.  It offers a view of nearly every project going up right now.

Two projects that recently broke ground, CODA Tech Square and Hanover Midtown, will add nicely to the skyline from this viewpoint.  But wait! There's more...

The law firm Drew, Eckl & Farnham has officially relocated to downtown, paving the way for demolition of the office building at 880 West Peachtree street.  Of course 880 WP is the site of the apartment project known as Alexan Midtown so there may be movement on yet another tower proposal soon.  

CODA Tech Square

this-is-tech-square-1.jpg

Hanover Midtown

hanover-midtown-2.jpg

Alexan Midtown

midtown-highrise.JPG

11 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

What's the housing market in midtown look like? Approx price range for a 2br apt or condo? Are there single family homes in the immediate vicinity? We are looking to move to ATL in the coming years and driving through Midtown the activity is great!

Midtown has the among highest average rents in Atlanta but that's probably because it has the most new apartments.  I don't know about the typical price range but the new buildings to me are crazy expensive.  For condos, there is a wide range of prices but not a lot of inventory so its a seller's market and prices have been on the rise. A 2br in a newer building will be in $300-400's. 

Thanks. I guess once more of the new buildings start coming online and inventory has some breathing room maybe prices won't be as crazy. We went and looked at a foreclosure multi family unit today as an investment property that had been on the market just 11 days and it was already under contract. No surprise really, it literally backs up to Piedmont Park. 

On 11/21/2016 at 7:36 AM, Martinman said:

The law firm Drew, Eckl & Farnham has officially relocated to downtown, paving the way for demolition of the office building at 880 West Peachtree street.  Of course 880 WP is the site of the apartment project known as Alexan Midtown so there may be movement on yet another tower proposal soon.  

Alexan Midtown

midtown-highrise.JPG

As of today, heavy equipment is on site, trees are being removed, and silt fencing is being installed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1105 West Peachtree

$400 million Midtown mixed-use project proposed

• 32-story, 645,000 square feet of office tower
  • 17-story, 80 unit residential tower
  • 12-story, 150-key boutique hotel

If an anchor tenant is signed for the office space, construction could begin as soon as mid-2017.

Selig Enterprises plans $400 million Midtown mixed-use project

1105-peachtree-5.jpg

1105-peachtree-2.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Also the AC hotel / Moxy hotel has broken ground.  

horizontal_980x600-1.jpg

h80x600.jpg

And Colony Square presented plans to the Midtown DRC this week.   Phased construction of the project will begin this year.

colony-square-2-copy.jpg

colony-square-3-copy.jpg

The open air plaza that will replace the mall

2605_colonysq_projpic03.jpg?w=1440

The last phase will include a new yet to be determined tower.  It could be office, hotel, or residential.

colony-square-9-copy.jpg

Site plan

colony-square-10-copy.jpg

• 2 months later...