Midtown Atlanta District Developments

ironchapman

In the long run, those concrete blocks are a good thing.

With what land costs in Midtown these days, the free-standing liquor store will not be there forever. This is the only case where I think its acceptable for a highrise to have a "back".... the sides facing the interior of the block. With multiple, zero-lot-lined developments on a single block, the end result will be a more urban Atlanta.

:good: Demo has started on 12th & Midtown Phase II webcam

Edited by Martinman

Well, I supposed just the base being exposed concrete isn't too big of a deal.

Regarding 1010 Midtown, that animation rocks; I truly hope it turns out to be as urban as depicted. I can't wait to see how it will look in the Midtown skyline from Piedmont Park.

Is something slated to come to the empty lot right across from 1010?

OK, I remember that project but was unfamiliar with its location. Thanks. Some good synergy is going to be created between 1010 and 12th & Midtown with all of ground level retail along the street.

Man, the Midtown skyline looks like it's about to double in size within the next few years.

OK, I remember that project but was unfamiliar with its location. Thanks. Some good synergy is going to be created between 1010 and 12th & Midtown with all of ground level retail along the street.

Man, the Midtown skyline looks like it's about to double in size within the next few years.

1010 is actually Phase I of the 12th & Midtown project.

Here's a rendering of the remodeled 999 Peachtree St at Peachtree and 10th. I love that 10th Street will be getting more retail and a better street wall. Structure fronting Peachtree doesn't look that great, a little cheap in my opinion http://www.greenbergfarrow.com/Experience/...l&sub=Urban

Edited by urbane2440

I was looking around on the website listed above and found these......Hadn't seen these renderings on here so I'd thought I 'd share

This is the 14th street area

http://www.greenbergfarrow.com/Experience/...ing/UrbanDesign

There is also a nice one of Allen Plaza

I'm excited to see this area of the city being developed in the way that it is. Can't wait to see the rest as they connect Allen Plaza with downtown.

Has anybody heard of any retailers rumored to be locating on the Midtown Mile? With Atlantic Station, Lenox and Phipps, and now The Streets of Buckhead, what's left for the city's most authentic urban district?

Oh there's still lots of retailers out there that don't have a presence in Atlanta.

As far as rumors, I've heard many.

I've heard Urban Outfitters, Sur la Table, Ralph Lauren, Apple Store, Uniqlo, Zara (they're opening in Lenox).

Time will tell if any are true.

Edited by Martinman

Has anybody heard of any retailers rumored to be locating on the Midtown Mile? With Atlantic Station, Lenox and Phipps, and now The Streets of Buckhead, what's left for the city's most authentic urban district?

Downtown is by far the city's most urban district. You must not know what an urban area is like.

Downtown is by far the city's most urban district. You must not know what an urban area is like.

Thanks for the jerk comment. Maybe I should have phrased that to say "healthiest" urban environment. Downtown is too scarred from misguided developments for it to ever overcome Midtown as a true mixed use community.

Edited by urbane2440

Never believe because a building was built as an office block it doesn't become a condo convert with greater street level retail in the future. Most of the residential units Downtown were old office buildings in the past.

Never believe because a building was built as an office block it doesn't become a condo convert with greater street level retail in the future. Most of the residential units Downtown were old office buildings in the past.

Yes, historic office buildings have lended themselves well to residential use. My point was that some parts of downtown are brutally unurban and will take a greater effort to retool into an inviting environment.

Edited by urbane2440

I noticed a rendering of the 14th street bridge that includes a park accompanying the bridge. It even looks as if it includes a 13th St. crossing.

The buildings in the rendering also look like actual projects and not just filler for the sake of the rendering. But I'm going to asume that they are not real beacuse no one has mentioned them.

Does anyone have any details on the bridge and/or the buildings?

Edited by UrbanAtl

I noticed a rendering of the 14th street bridge that includes a park accompanying the bridge. It even looks as if it includes a 13th St. crossing.

The buildings in the rendering also look like actual projects and not just filler for the sake of the rendering. But I'm going to asume that they are not real beacuse no one has mentioned them.

It's the proposed 15th st bridge not 13th st. There has been talk of capping the connector in that area with a park, but at this time that's all it is...just talk. As far as the buildings go, to my knowledge none of those are actual proposals from anyone. The only thing in that area that I have heard of is TWELVE Midtown but that has at best been postponed.

If all of the studies done by architects (my firm included) for developers over the past few years were suddenly built Atlanta would have 20 million people instead of 5...

It's the proposed 15th st bridge not 13th st. There has been talk of capping the connector in that area with a park, but at this time that's all it is...just talk. As far as the buildings go, to my knowledge none of those are actual proposals from anyone. The only thing in that area that I have heard of is TWELVE Midtown but that has at best been postponed.

There's an awful lot of demolition and site work going on the East side of Williams Street between 14th & 16th streets for nothing to be under construction. Isn't there a MetLife project or something planned ?

There's an awful lot of demolition and site work going on the East side of Williams Street between 14th & 16th streets for nothing to be under construction. Isn't there a MetLife project or something planned ?

I think its the GA-DOT's extension of 15th street-- Sorry no buildings yet...