Midtown Atlanta District Developments

ironchapman

Not sure where this project might be, but there is an ad in the ABC this week that suggests that Tivoli is about to announce a new project (the image suggests a tower of some sort that would be taller than other Tivoli projects, Mezzo and Aqua).

Should be interesting!

Its 1138 Peachtree...believed to be a Mandarin but thats not yet been officially confirmed.

Not sure where this project might be, but there is an ad in the ABC this week that suggests that Tivoli is about to announce a new project (the image suggests a tower of some sort that would be taller than other Tivoli projects, Mezzo and Aqua).

Should be interesting!

They now have a website with all of their projects including 1138.

Theres also a rendering of Tenside, the apartment project under construction at 10th and Northside Dr. Tivoli

Also 1010 has updated their website with floorplans, views and lots of pics and videos. 1010

Edit: This makes me wonder if they've tinkered with the design of 1138 a bit since this rendering has been on the SRSSA site for months and there would be no need to be secretive about it.

onboards_1138.jpg

Edited by Martinman

Activity on Trump site.

They started installing a construction fence on the site today. This is a bit of a surprise since the most recent news reported Phase I as 40% sold with a groundbreaking tentatively scheduled for Nov. Its currently a pay lot so I wouldn't expect them to close it unless they're ready to do something.

1(1).jpg

Edited by Martinman

The AJC has an article here concerning the Woodruff CEO seeking the air rights to build over the Arts Center station. I'm really excited about the possibilities here.

Woodruff CEO Joe Bankoff said last year he hoped expanding onto the MARTA property would make possible a Lincoln Center-style, multipurpose arts development that could be used by the Atlanta Ballet, the Center for Puppetry Arts and the National Black Arts Festival, among others.

During the summer, Bankoff met with Italian architect Renzo Piano, who designed the $124 million expansion of the High Museum on the Woodruff campus, to get Piano's thoughts on the possible development of the MARTA site.

Not to nitpick but ... I don't care for the little inset area with the outdoor seating. I'd rather the entire Peachtree street level have the standard setback with retail storefronts (oh how they love to get "creative" with the setbacks!). Also it would be nice if the towers were set back a little from the street level.

In fact they could've achieved the same thing with that restaurant space extended out to the street, like it should be, and have the outdoor seating on the second level. I just don't think sidewalk resaurant seating fits the long term vision of a high traffic shopping avenue.

Other than that, I really like it.

Edited by Martinman

Activity on Trump site.

They started installing a construction fence on the site today. This is a bit of a surprise since the most recent news reported Phase I as 40% sold with a groundbreaking tentatively scheduled for Nov. Its currently a pay lot so I wouldn't expect them to close it unless they're ready to do something.

1(1).jpg

I like the twin towers approach here. Very sleek and smooth. Kind of like a drinking glass split in half.

The renderings of 12th & Midtown Phase II are looking good as well. I'm looking forward to seeing it go up.

The Atlantic, Aqua, Luxe and the Loews condos also fit the upscale bill, though none are as pricey as OMP.

The sales office at One Museum Place confirmed what I posted yesterday. Construction is now scheduled for April 2008. Also they scrapped the white in favor of a grey stone with a smokey-colored glass. I'll have to wander into the sales office because I hear the model looks sharp.

Edited by Martinman

Does anyone know what happened / is happening with the property located next to Blue Medspa on 10th street in Midtown? I've heard rumors but nothing really with substance.

Also, are there any plans for the Atlanta Housing Authority building on 10th and Juniper? It seems a bit out of place...

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Midtown-...40&p=848078

Does anyone know what happened / is happening with the property located next to Blue Medspa on 10th street in Midtown? I've heard rumors but nothing really with substance.

Also, are there any plans for the Atlanta Housing Authority building on 10th and Juniper? It seems a bit out of place...

I've heard that Onyx is dead. The only surprise to me is that is lasted as long as it did given the supply of condos already being built. I've noticed in some other cities that there are always a few proposals that struggle to get out of the ground due to the inexperience of the developer who has never actually built a highrise. Onyx and unfortunately Aquarius seem to be ours.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Aquarius was dead. I only meant that I've heard that they are experiencing delays that are 100% related to the inexperience of the developer (I can't recall the specific issue). Prior to that I had heard that they had enough pre-construction sales to move forward so there seems to be quite a bit of interest in the project.

^ Aquarius sounds like a good candidate to sell to a more qualified developer. If they have the pre-sells they needed, it seems like they could get someone in there who can get this built. MCL recently bought out the original development partners for The Vue (51 story condo tower) in Charlotte, and was able to break ground within 3 months, after the original developer had false starts for almost 2 years.

I really hope Aquarius gets built....it's my favorite high-rise proposal in Atlanta, plus its LEED :)

Oh, I'm well aware of all of the quality, non-highrise projects being built downtown. I just meant that this is a condo tower with a great design that's coming downtown instead of midtown or Buckhead. The latter two have been scoring all the cool condo towers lately, so it's good to see at least one proposed for downtown.