Buckhead District Developments

ironchapman

And a nice Buckhead photo by Xparkranger

Buckhead.jpg

WOW! What a great photo.

I work on the 15th at Lenox Towers and even from there the Perimeter area skyline doesn't stand out as much as in this picture. Anyone know what will happen to any future development - if anything - should Dunwoody become incorporated?

• 2 weeks later...

The Crowne Plaza at Peachtree Avenue is going to be really nice. Although it's technically outside of SPI-9 they'll adopt the streetscapes.

There will also be a 9 story Hampton Inn at Irby, on the Rio Bravo site. Not ultra luxury, but a nice urban hotel with underground parking and shuttle service to the MARTA stations. The SPI will be expanded to include this so it will also meet the requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not a huge fan of this design. It kind of looks like a glass monolith to me. Aside from that ridge down the side, it really doesn't seem to have much character to me (unlike, say, 3344 Peachtree). It seems kind of imposing.

However, it's certainly preferable to a glass box.

I think it is absolutely beautiful. Heh... try having to live down in one of the second tier cities of Georgia... I heart aches for a skyscraper. :cry: I am so anxious to move back to Atlanta... "where things are poppin'." LOL. --- I always say that.

From the Business Chronicle...

Wood Partners has started construction of The Residences at Streets of Buckhead. The project will be two 21-story apartment towers with a total of 360 units.

The SOB apartments, Tivoli's 13th Street project and 05 Buckhead (formerly Buckhead Place) will break the $2/sf barrier for the first time in Atlanta.

122587-400-0-2.jpg

Edited by Martinman

• 1 month later...

Looking at the 3630 Peachtree webcam, is it me or does it look like Novare has gone ahead with the construction of 3690 Peachtree, the fully residential building of the development. I could have sworn that I read the Novare CEO or whatnot saying that any residential building not already started would not be started anytime soon. It's not the parking deck because it is clearly seen in the webcam shot.

Looking at the 3630 Peachtree webcam, is it me or does it look like Novare has gone ahead with the construction of 3690 Peachtree, the fully residential building of the development. I could have sworn that I read the Novare CEO or whatnot saying that any residential building not already started would not be started anytime soon. It's not the parking deck because it is clearly seen in the webcam shot.

I thought the exact same thing on Wednesday. I drove from Buckhead to Dunwoody up PTree-Dunhoody Rd and noticed a level of pillars next to the parking garage. Are they just laying a foundation or is the building actually going to go up? I didn't see any crane equipment though.

I thought the exact same thing on Wednesday. I drove from Buckhead to Dunwoody up PTree-Dunhoody Rd and noticed a level of pillars next to the parking garage. Are they just laying a foundation or is the building actually going to go up? I didn't see any crane equipment though.

Check out the webcam, they installed a crane today... Interesting, hmm?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally an update about The Residences at 3630 Peachtree!

Construction has reached floor 23 and the building is going to top out this coming November. Residents can expect to move in by Fall 2009.

Sales are set to begin this coming Fall. Next month the developer will be releasing more details about 3630's sophisticated residences, which will include: 121 one-, two- and three-bedroom residences and seven penthouses. Residences will be priced from the $600,000's.

The residences will feature spacious, open floorplans, hand selected custom finishes, large private balconies with stunning views of Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead. World-class shopping, fine dining and Atlanta

...and 05 Buckhead (formerly Buckhead Place) will break the $2/sf barrier for the first time in Atlanta.

I happened to run across an updated master site plan for Buckhead Place and it looks quite impressive. One thing that caught my eye is that when the project is built out, it will wrap aorund the RTG property, which will then be sandwiched Buckhead Place and Terminus. That will be one super prime site. Years ago there was talk of an I.M. Pei designed tower there -- maybe those plans will be resurrected.

• 2 weeks later...

So 3630 will be Ritz Carlton Residences... awesome building, but leaves me wondering...shouldn't Carter have snagged this trophy for his Streets of Buckhead? Seems like it would have been a perfect fit with what he's trying to create.

Speaking of SoB, haven't heard much lately... I just hope the (looming) recession doesn't mean he'll fill up SoB with less than stellar names.

Don't forget that the Baccarat Hotel and 1 Hotel will have residences also and there are plans for another luxury hotel/condo in a later phase.

I don't think they will fill up with lesser names, they just won't fill it up. I think phase I has been reduced from what was originally planned as only the Baccarat is currently under construction.

It was a pleasant surprise to hear that the 3630 Peachtree condos were being rebranded as Ritz Carlton Residences. There are other places where the proposals for Ritz Residences have been on the books for quite some time and not come to fruition. I think with the level of service rendered by the hotel itself, these condos should sell....even in this market. There are several units under contract at the Mansion on Peachtree and The Sovereign. The ultra high end condo market in the Buckhead submarket is doing decent....even in these trying economic times.

As far as choosing these units over the SOB, as Martinman already stated, there are several ultra highend brands already under construction in that development as well as the St Regis a stone's throw away. Also, when one consider that the Ritz Carlton Buckhead is a mere 2 blocks away, it makes sense. These units will also have hotel amenties with the HOA fees so it may be easier to get to 3630 than it is to get to the SOB from the Ritz....maybe that had something to do with it.

For those who would like to read about the Ritz Carlton Residences at Buckhead go here:

The new Ritz Carlton Residences in Buckhead.

• 2 weeks later...

The AJC reports that Streets of Buckhead has signed six new tenants.

Van Cleef & Arpels: Whimsical fine jewelry and watches.

Sample price: Cultured pearl necklace with white-gold and diamond clasp, $31,000.

Brunello Cucinelli: Luxury Italian cashmere sweaters and fine clothing.

Sample prices: $400 blouses to $12,000 furs.

Bonpoint: French luxury clothing line for children.

Billy Martin's: Western and "rock-n-roll" fashions from leather jackets to jewelry. Sample prices: $1,250 leather jackets to $4,000 limited edition cowboy boots.

Arthur: French sleepwear and fine boxer shorts.

Sample prices: $49 boxers to $290 robes.

Equinox: Exclusive gym known for star-sitings in Los Angeles and New York. Sample price: Memberships start at $130 a month.

article

I missed a couple of retailers.

Christofle: A French gift boutique featuring frames, jewelry, a bridal registry and tableware.

Le Colonial: French-Vietnamese fine dining restaurant from New York.

Just in time for the 'Recession of the Century'-- one wonders how long they will last--

or whether they will even get built...

• 4 weeks later...

TOWN Brookhaven looks to become the Atlantic Station of that part of town! :yahoo: The whole layout and design is pretty awesome to me. :D

If you want to download the PDF files with illustrations of the plan and visual renderings go to:

http://www.sembler.com/gallery.php?id=35

Follow the links if you want to go to the official website. But it's awesome. ^_^