Buckhead District Developments

ironchapman

• 3 weeks later...

TOWN Brookhaven looks to become the Atlantic Station of that part of town! :yahoo: The whole layout and design is pretty awesome to me. :D

If you want to download the PDF files with illustrations of the plan and visual renderings go to:

http://www.sembler.com/gallery.php?id=35

Follow the links if you want to go to the official website. But it's awesome. ^_^

Man-- This site plan and architecture are utter crap--

Sembler has really outdone itself this time--

lets hope this recession puts developers like this under once and for all--

at least something good can come of this economic mess...

Man-- This site plan and architecture are utter crap--

Sembler has really outdone itself this time--

lets hope this recession puts developers like this under once and for all--

at least something good can come of this economic mess...

It's not as bad as Westside Village, but most of Sembler's stuff qualifies as a half-ass try at new urbanism. All of their developments have way too much surface parking.

Their best development to date is the Filene's Basement/Target/Publix in Buckhead.

In person I think the W Buckhead does alot for the Peachtree Blvd corridor. It's a definite contrast to the stately Grand Hyatt, The Intercontinental and the Mansion on Peachtree. It also constrast nicely with 3344 Peachtree and The Realm. It is also a vast improvement over the street scape that was there previously. I like the differences in designs along that stretch of roadway. If I was Simon Properties, I would add street front retail along the Peachtree and Lenox Roads frontage. This would go a long way to help Lenox compete with The Streets of Buckhead.

If I was Simon Properties, I would add street front retail along the Peachtree and Lenox Roads frontage. This would go a long way to help Lenox compete with The Streets of Buckhead.

I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea.

Along those lines of thinking, I'm really disappointed with whomever developed the new Orvis-anchored center just north of the Container Store. They had the opportunity to further enhance the new streetscaping of Peachtree with up-to-the-street retail. Instead, it's a suburban strip center with a parking lot in front of it. Nice.

Hopefully that whole block will be redeveloped soon. The shopping center where The Container Store is outdated and too suburban.

• 4 weeks later...

Two Alliance Center in Buckhead nears completion.

image_8136945.jpg

Photo courtesy of Kevin Duffy with the AJC

This building is readily seen and makes an impact as you come into the business district of Buckhead from GA400 northbound. It is a great addition to the Buckhead skyline. We all like to speak of density and this definitely adds density to the Buckhead skyline. The topping out ceremony for Two Alliance Center is scheduled for Wednesday. Time really flew by. This is one of several office buildings or mixed use buildings under contruction and nearing completion in the Buckhead submarket. Other office buildings under construction are Phipps Tower, across the street from Two Alliance, 3630 Peachtree, which will be topped with the Ritz Carlton Residences and 200 Terminus (in the Terminus complex).

The 500,000-square-foot building at 3560 Lenox Road will be LEED silver certified. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, a rating system of the U.S. Green Building Council. Atlanta has been doing quite well in the LEED certification category. I am very glad to see most of our newer additions seek and recieve LEED certification.

The 30-story high-rise is the third building in the Alliance Center complex. The first two were One Alliance Center, an office building that

Two Alliance Center in Buckhead nears completion.

Two_Alliance_Center_02.jpg

LC, why do you think they would have a topping ceremony when they are still lacking the ornamental triangular top? Perhaps it is even occupiable space, but in every angle I come in contact with, I notice there is no work going verticle with the triangular piece. Any thoughts???? I sure hope we don't end up with a simple flat roof. I was really hoping for some nice design in the Alliance Center Complex.

A2

Hi A2,

At first I thought the same thing then I remembered that the topping out ceremony takes place when the roof of the last occupiable floor is poured. The decorative top, while tall, lol...can not be occupied continuously. That's going to be one big swoop.

Ahhh, that clears things up a bit and makes sense. I just want to make sure we get our swoop. :P

Thanks for the quick response LC.

A2

Yet another topping out ceremony is scheduled for Buckhead.

Terminus 200 has it's topping out ceremony on Friday. This 25 story tower is part of Cousin's massive Terminus development at the corners of Peachtree Blvd and Peidmont Ave. It joins the 27 story 100 Terminus and the 32 story 10 Terminus Place condo tower recently completed. The building, in keeping with the standard at Terminus, will have ground level retail and restuarant space.

terminus200sg3.jpg

Above is a picture of 200 Terminus, 10 Terminus Place and 100 Terminus from left to right.

• 2 weeks later...

The St Regis is turning into one of the most elegant highrises in Buckhead. Between the Mansion on Peachtree and the St Regis, there are none more elegant. Of course 3344 Peachtree is graceful and modern and I love it's architecture as well. At first I wasn't too crazy about it's location but once the Streets of Buckhead development is finished, it will command a nice spot in the western Buckhead Business District. Thanks for the picture.

• 2 months later...

What a splendid hotel! It does Atlanta alot of credit to have such an esteemed marque amongst it's finest list of lodging options. I am banking on the fact that next year Atlanta will have even more five star and diamond hotels in the books. The fit and finish of the property is devine. I thought the Mansion on Peachtree raised the bar...I give the slight edge here to the St Regis...although that is purely a personal node and not one against the MOP. In the last few weeks, I have stayed in the Ritz and the Intercontinental (you know, for little get aways from the children) and the service at those places were top notch. I imagine my stay in the MOP and the St Regis will exceed even these two properties.

There was a small right up in the AJC. I found these paragraphs interesting and a credit to the city.

James said hoteliers

What a splendid hotel! It does Atlanta alot of credit to have such an esteemed marque amongst it's finest list of lodging options. I am banking on the fact that next year Atlanta will have even more five star and diamond hotels in the books. The fit and finish of the property is devine. I thought the Mansion on Peachtree raised the bar...I give the slight edge here to the St Regis...although that is purely a personal node and not one against the MOP. In the last few weeks, I have stayed in the Ritz and the Intercontinental (you know, for little get aways from the children) and the service at those places were top notch. I imagine my stay in the MOP and the St Regis will exceed even these two properties.

There was a small right up in the AJC. I found these paragraphs interesting and a credit to the city.

I expect great things from this hotel. I know I will not be let down. BTW Kevin, great blog. I look at it often. You have definitely encouraged me to look more closely at highrise living...and that is no small feat. Keep up the splendid work.

Thanks so much! I have some good stuff to post this week, so stay tuned.

• 3 months later...

The pictures of the St Regis condominum were gorgeous Kevin. Thank you so very much for the update. The St Regis is a jewel and for the price is a wonderful investment. In other news, Kevin, I have heard that there are more units under contract in the Sovereign. Is that correct? Perhaps the credit market is loosening and more people will get back to buying...albeit within their means this time.

• 1 month later...