Buckhead District Developments

ironchapman

ESPN zone wasn't all that anyway. They should really consider moving it downtown. Buckhead doesn't seem like the right area. On a brighter note, maybe in a year or two, a flagship Barneys can take a spot right across from sob

Edited by SAV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A San Diego developer with the capital to complete the project has taken control of the Streets of Buckhead from Ben Carter. OliverMcMillan is said to be planning some changes to the project, possibly to include adding some of the residential back into the plan, but the general vision remains the same. Work is expected to restart again next Summer.

California developer takes over Streets of Buckhead

• 5 weeks later...

I have high hopes for the Streets of Buckhead. If done correctly, this could wind up be quite the focal point for the Buckhead community. Even if it's not as high end as originally envisioned, it could potentially add some much needed density to the area. My heart goes out to Mr. Carter. This was supposed to be his legacy project for a community he so loves. Now he is almost left with the Mall of Georgia as the only current sign of his storied rise. He will, however, be fondly thought of anytime someone mentions the Buckhead Village of the 90's and early 2000's.

• 5 weeks later...

The last unit at 10 Terminus (condominium building) has gone under contract.

terminus3-290x180.jpg

The glorious top floor penthouse recently sold. I really liked that unit although the three bedroom floor plan would not have worked for me. The terrace at 3900 square feet and the views were to-die-for. I'm sure the new owner will find the amenities of the building great. You can see more of it and pictures on atlantaskyriseblog.com. This will be great news as a large amount of inventory was taken off the market with the pending sellout of 10 Terminus. That now leaves the 2 floor duplex in the Mansion on Peachtree on my list.

There has been quite a turnaround in the intown housing market...especially in the condo/townhome arena. Sales are really increasing. I'm really thrilled to see more people being bullish on the intown housing market.

• 3 months later...

The new Owners of "Streets of Buckhead" have renamed the project "Buckhead Atlanta" :dontknow: . The good part is that the developers are trying to create an urban, pedestrian oriented part of the neighborhood as opposed to a stand-alone development. Here are some preliminary renderings.

The towers will be apartments

BuckheadAtlanta%20master%20large.jpg

BuckheadAtlanta%20buckhead%20entrance.jpg

BuckheadAtlanta%20courtyard.jpg

BuckheadAtlanta%20paseo.jpg

Edited by Martinman

I love the renderings, but I think right now that the name is not that catchy. Calling the development "Buckhead Atlanta" is like saying Beverly Hills-Los Angeles, Bal Harbour-Miami, or even Chevy Chase-Washington, D.C. :P What about something like "The Collection At Buckhead" or " The Shoppes Of Buckhead". Like I said, right now I don't really like it, but maybe after hearing it called by it's new name over and over, I will get used to it or even begin to like the new name. :D

Just for the record, I wasn't all that thrilled with the old name. Every time someone would say The Streets Of Buckhead, I always thought about that 70's police drama called The Streets Of San Francisco!!:yahoo:

The intention behind the name is that it will, over time become just a part of the neighborhood rather than a singular development. I totally agree with the thinking but I think the title is just too broad. Incorporating "village" somewhere in the title would have been better because I think that is ultimately what the area will and should be known as .....Buckhead village.

Edited by Martinman

I am just super exciting that the area will be completed. I feel that over time the area will develop a more organic identity of its own. The fact that it will be pedestrian friendly adds to its value to the Buckhead community. There are many parcels in the immediate area that can be redeveloped in the future. This will add to the overall Buckhead brand and livability. It's like I'm seeing the rebirth of the Buckhead Village.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Has there been any new news on Buckhead Atlanta? I would love to see this happen! Every day on my lunch break I stroll down Fifth Avenue in Manhattan and think about how every town in america should have something similar!

Has there been any new news on Buckhead Atlanta? I would love to see this happen! Every day on my lunch break I stroll down Fifth Avenue in Manhattan and think about how every town in america should have something similar!

There has been some signs of activity on the site that appears to be preparations to restart construction but no new news.

^ Hi nibletodell :) ,

I certainly agree that more major American cities should have great stores and restaurants and the sidewalks full of life. It sure is more exciting than suburbia.

Just to let everyone know, I have created a thread just for Buckhead-Atlanta since this has been one of the most watched developments in the nation according to The International Council Of Shopping Centers.

I will go down to that thread now and post what is available. It seems very limited right now as the developer is very hush, hush about retailers.

Now to the Buckhead-Atlanta thread. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Lenox Square is going to get a face lift.

The Buckhead mall plans to demolish its porte cochere, that roofed structure that extends from the mall's front entrance, to make way for a redesign of the front entrance of the mall and more retailers. Construction should begin in the spring 2012, with retailer announcements coming shortly thereafter, the statement said.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/blog/2011/12/lenox-square-to-demolish-porte-cochere.html

• 3 months later...

Buckhead Update

Projects under construction...

2061 Peachtree - 140,000 SF medical office project

New-2061.png

Village at Buckhead - 373-unit apartment

VillageBuckhead_Street_Final.jpg

Biz Chronicle reports that Buckhead Atlanta is set to finally move forward and part of the existing project will have to be demo'd. The new plan is for 370 residential units, 98,360 square feet of office space and 346,006 square feet of retail space.

316006_260053930704478_207701852606353_746286_1622771130_n.jpg

• Like 1

The super luxury hotelier Mandarin Oriental coming to Buckhead.

It has been rumored for a few weeks now that the Mandarin would take over the flag at the Mansion on Peachtree. It has now been confirmed that the Mandarin Oriental will in fact land in Buckhead. This is a great coup for Atlanta. The Mandarin is a part of the super luxury, internationally known brands of hotels. It joins other high end brands such as The Four Seasons, The Ritz and The St Regis. The brand shift will start at the end of April. This is very welcomed news. We may not be in that break neck building stage of yore but Atlanta is quietly shifting its approach to becoming a very sophisticated international city. Having the Mandarin Oriental in Buckhead also solidifies the area as the premier luxury location of Atlanta.

Mansion%20buckhead%20large%20homepage*280.jpg?v=1

More developments in the making for the Buckhead Community:

The revamping of the I-85/GA 400 intersection is under way....finally. Contractors working for the Georgia Department of Transportation will build ramps that will let southbound motorists on 400 connect with northbound I-85 and southbound drivers on I-85 connect to 400 northbound. Those ramps were not included when the interchange was built in the early 1990s. This shall be great news for the surface streets in the surrounding area. Sidney Marcus Blvd from Piedmont Rd to the Buford Hwy Connector is always a disaster during morning and especially evening rush hours. This should also alleviate congestion on Lenox Rd/Cheshire Bridge Rd and Buford Hwy. This is welcomed news.

Edited by Lady Celeste

MARTA begins pedestrian bridge over GA 400.

Since this is really more about the improvement of pedestrian mobility than it is about transit, I decided to put this tidbit here. MARTA broke ground Wednesday on an $18 million addition to its Buckhead Station, including a new pedestrian bridge over Georgia 400. The improvements will give pedestrians on Tower Place Drive and Stratford Road direct access to both sides of GA 400 and to MARTA’s Buckhead Station without having to walk to Peachtree Road. The upgrades will also allow existing and new real estate developments access to the station. Anything to increase the walkability of Buckhead should be applauded.

The bridge should be complete by mid 2013.

Pedestrian%20Bridge%20copy.jpg?v=1