Buckhead District Developments

ironchapman

Ok i'm confuse, what is the total number of stories the mansion is ending up with, i've heard 42,48,52 and now 58, those anyone have any info on the exact number.

On the mansion website, the condos start on floor 32 and top out on floor 58, so obviously that's where you're hearing 58. But, I don't think that means it's a 58 story building - the hotel portion only looks about 15 floors max. The total floor count is probably in the low 40s.

On the mansion website, the condos start on floor 32 and top out on floor 58, so obviously that's where you're hearing 58. But, I don't think that means it's a 58 story building - the hotel portion only looks about 15 floors max. The total floor count is probably in the low 40s.

What ?

It's not an airplane where rows of seats can go missing. It's a building. With the exception of skipping the 13th floor, I have never heard of a building skipping floors in the numbering scheme. And certainly not a dozen or more.

Edited by pksiv

What ?

It's not an airplane where rows of seats can go missing. It's a building. With the exception of skipping the 13th floor, I have never heard of a building skipping floors in the numbering scheme. And certainly not a dozen or more.

I've also never heard of this, and I agree it sounds like nonsense. Seriously though, take a look at the website. The condos go from floors 32-58, yet the total height is 580' (per emporis.com). Something doesn't add up, and in fact, emporis lists the building as 42 stories. Could this be creative marketing?

• 2 weeks later...

It appears the next project on Novare's agenda will be the Roxy residential tower. New plans call for 263 units, 32,000 sf of retail and a 10,000 sf of restaurant space. This could be Novare's best infill project as it will be built just in the corner of Irby Ave and Roswell rd right next to instead of on top of the Roxy theatre.

I've also never heard of this, and I agree it sounds like nonsense. Seriously though, take a look at the website. The condos go from floors 32-58, yet the total height is 580' (per emporis.com). Something doesn't add up, and in fact, emporis lists the building as 42 stories. Could this be creative marketing?

I sent them an email and here is their response

"The building is 580 ft tall and is equivalent to a 58 story building. On most floors, the floor to ceiling height is 13' 4" with several floors being

18'. The residences begin on the 16th floor beginning with unit # 32. I hope this helps you."

Construction of 3630, a joint venture with Atlanta-based Post Properties Inc. (NYSE: PPS), is expected to begin in June, Borders said, with The Roxy in Buckhead starting by the fourth quarter.

Also, the second tower of TWELVE Centennial Park, which is only condos, will begin in the third quarter, he said.

In all, that makes 1,505 condo units for Novare in Atlanta this year.

From the print edition of the Atlanta Business Chronicle.

I hand't heard much about 3630 in a while. Has anyone seen a site plan? Is the layout more urban than the rendering suggests?

I sent them an email and here is their response

"The building is 580 ft tall and is equivalent to a 58 story building. On most floors, the floor to ceiling height is 13' 4" with several floors being

18'. The residences begin on the 16th floor beginning with unit # 32. I hope this helps you."

Ummmmmmmmm......yeah......ummmmmmm........okay :mellow: .......*crickets churping*.......hummmmm...so ummmmm.......ahhhhhhhhh nevermind :scared: .

I'm sorry but is the building 58 floors or just 580' tall...which can be the same height as a 58 story residential building. That was a very interesting explaination. I guess that's how I will explain it to my clients.

Ummmmmmmmm......yeah......ummmmmmm........okay :mellow: .......*crickets churping*.......hummmmm...so ummmmm.......ahhhhhhhhh nevermind :scared: .

I'm sorry but is the building 58 floors or just 580' tall...which can be the same height as a 58 story residential building. That was a very interesting explaination. I guess that's how I will explain it to my clients.

Here's the question I emailed him

"A question has come up on a development forum I participate in and I was hoping you could clear something up for me/us.

The website lists the height of the building as 42 stories but the residential/floor plans section lists residences on floors 32-58. There

appear to be 16 missing floors."

My interpretation of his answer is "The building has 42 stories, but is 580' in height, which is the same height as a 58 story building. The residential units start on the 16th floor, but I'm being intentionally vague as to what we're going to call that floor.

What still needs to be answered is what # you will press on the elevator to get off on the 16th floor ? The 42nd floor.

I can see the agents having a lot of fun explaining this "logic", I use the term loosely, to prospective buyers. Especially since while it could be argued that the 42nd floor is at the same height as 58 in another building, my guess is 16 is the same just about everywhere. Well, unless you count the fact that the first bunch of floors are parking structure and shorter than the residential floors. Not to mention Atlanta's rolling-hills topography.

I hand't heard much about 3630 in a while. Has anyone seen a site plan? Is the layout more urban than the rendering suggests?

This is one of my favorite ATL proposals and I've been anxiously awaiting construction... It's been delayed several times already. What's the deal? Does anybody have any inside scoop? How firm is the June start date recently published in the ABC article? I think there was some opposition from neighbors... Did this get worked out, and were there any design modifications?

You can PM me if you want more info on 3630 Peachtree.

This is one of my favorite ATL proposals and I've been anxiously awaiting construction... It's been delayed several times already. What's the deal? Does anybody have any inside scoop? How firm is the June start date recently published in the ABC article? I think there was some opposition from neighbors... Did this get worked out, and were there any design modifications?

I ran into one of the principals recently and yes, they're about to start.

I drove past the site yesterday....as I'm always in some part of Buckhead. From what I can see, they are well on their way to starting. From the Peachtree Dunwoody side that have added more protective fencing. It looks like a summer start is basically a sure thing. Plus read what Andrea said above me. :camera:

I drove past the site yesterday....as I'm always in some part of Buckhead. From what I can see, they are well on their way to starting. From the Peachtree Dunwoody side that have added more protective fencing. It looks like a summer start is basically a sure thing. Plus read what Andrea said above me. :camera:

Awesome! I can't wait to see theses two buildings rise. IMO, these are definitely among the best looking in Atlanta and I think they'll raise the bar for future development.

Awesome! I can't wait to see theses two buildings rise. IMO, these are definitely among the best looking in Atlanta and I think they'll raise the bar for future development.

Drove by this morning on the way into the office and there are now backhoes and various other site prep equipment on the site.

Here's the question I emailed him

"A question has come up on a development forum I participate in and I was hoping you could clear something up for me/us.

The website lists the height of the building as 42 stories but the residential/floor plans section lists residences on floors 32-58. There

appear to be 16 missing floors."

My interpretation of his answer is "The building has 42 stories, but is 580' in height, which is the same height as a 58 story building. The residential units start on the 16th floor, but I'm being intentionally vague as to what we're going to call that floor.

What still needs to be answered is what # you will press on the elevator to get off on the 16th floor ? The 42nd floor.

I can see the agents having a lot of fun explaining this "logic", I use the term loosely, to prospective buyers. Especially since while it could be argued that the 42nd floor is at the same height as 58 in another building, my guess is 16 is the same just about everywhere. Well, unless you count the fact that the first bunch of floors are parking structure and shorter than the residential floors. Not to mention Atlanta's rolling-hills topography.

42 residential floors 16 hotel floors = 58 floors.

Edited by SOUTHWESTATL

Has anybody seen renderings of Novare's development of the Roxy site? Any information, # floors, etc? I believe they're supposedly planning to start construction late this year, I'm surprised at least some renderings haven't been circulating.

Edited by designspace

Has anybody seen renderings of Novare's development of the Roxy site? Any information, # floors, etc? I believe they're supposedly planning to start construction late this year, I'm surprised at least some renderings haven't been circulating.

I don't know of any rendering yet but I am anxious to see this project.

As I was saying earlier it is a true infill project and promises to be unlike anything Novare has done in that it will be square instead of a rectangular shaped buidling. Its been completely redesigned from the original plan which now calls for 22 stories and 263 units. .

Also the architect for this project is one Novare hasn't used before to my knowledge, Stevens & Wilkinson, who have done a nice job restoring the Glenn and Winecoff and designed the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.

Edited by Martinman

I don't know of any rendering yet but I am anxious to see this project.

As I was saying earlier it is a true infill project and promises to be unlike anything Novare has done in that it will be square instead of a rectangular shaped buidling. Its been completely redesigned from the original plan which now calls for 22 stories and 263 units. .

Also the architect for this project is one Novare hasn't used before to my knowledge, Stevens & Wilkinson, who have done a nice job restoring the Glenn and Winecoff and designed the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.

S+W is a much better firm than Preston, et al... design wise-- In my humble opinion...

Terminus is turning into quite the development. I was at the Dicso Kroger not to long ago. As I was coming out the store, I paused as I looked up and over to the rising towers and 100. It really looked impressive. I an hardly remember what it looked like when it was just Hotel Nikko....I mean the Grand Hyatt at that corner. I do remember the lawns were to die for.

This rendering is in the current Southern Seasons Magazine. It is about the Sovereign and is on page 95 entitled "Artfully Designed inside & out". In an excerpt of the article it reads "Soaring 635 feet into the sky..........." hmm, i thought it was 660' Nonetheless, It's a good article. There is also an article about TT & a very cool rendering of Trump Towers Atlanta.

sovereignub5.jpg

Edited by firemick

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, they've updated The Mansion's website with new videos such as a Virtual Tour and Buckhead CID. They've also added Progress Photos.

And, if my calculations are correct (and judging by the current floor construction), they are to the point where the exterior moves inward again. It looks like there's only about 14 floors left. They've also started working on the street level stuff - I'll try to snap some photos today.