Buckhead District Developments

ironchapman

Gables just filed plans for an apartment development at Piedmont and Lindbergh Circle that will include a 96,000 sq ft grocery store and 17,000 sq ft of retail.

A 96k grocery store? Certainly that includes something else.....I've never heard of one exceeding 70,000 sq. ft, and 70k is huge for a grocery.....none the less, I'm encouraged at the trend of grocery stores locating in mixed use buildings.

A 96k grocery store? Certainly that includes something else.....I've never heard of one exceeding 70,000 sq. ft, and 70k is huge for a grocery.....none the less, I'm encouraged at the trend of grocery stores locating in mixed use buildings.

Its probably a mistake but that's what was on the form they filed with the state. I think its should be 9,600 and they just put the comma in the wrong place.

Edited by Martinman

Still more Buckhead Village renderings can be found in this pdf. StreetsofBuckheadRenderings

OMG, the third one down (i.e., w the conceptual name paces plaza hotel & residences) is truly frightening! Sorry folks, I've expressed my voice before on the SoB and I'm trying to keep quiet, but this one really takes the cake. I hope Verge was right when he said last month these renderings don't mean much!

Edited by designspace

This must have been really fun for the future residents of the Mansion.....

Future residents get sneak peek at rising Mansion.

Today was the day designated to celebrate the topping off of the Mansion on Peachtree. At 580 feet, it is quickly becoming one of Buckhead's more prominent signature towers.

image_5845052.jpg

Aerial Innovations of Georgia

Condos at the Mansion are selling for an average of $1,000 per square foot.

image_5844994.jpg

Renee' Hannans Henry/AJC Staff

This is a view of part of the Buckhead skyline from the 38th floor of the Mansion. The project is about halfway to completion. Also, we can see in this photo 3344 Peachtree currently under construction. At 650 feet tall, it will soon become the Buckhead District's tallest building.

Buyers so far include both current Atlanta residents and newcomers from the United States and abroad. Many of the buyers own a number of homes in choice locations, Williams said.

"Atlanta has become a much more sophisticated market than it was even ten or 15 years ago, more accommodating of an urban lifestyle," Williams said.

The 127-room hotel will cater to executive travelers on business or pleasure with personalized butler service, twice-a-day housekeeping and luxury accommodations. Rosewood, which includes New York City's famed Carlyle Hotel and Dallas' Mansion at Turtle Creek among its properties, plans to bring a worldly standard to its services and amenities.

Craft, a 225-seat restaurant by award-winning chef Tom Colicchio, will face Peachtree Street in front of the Mansion.

And inside, the hotel will feature NEO, a contemporary Italian restaurant featuring seasonal cuisine.

Read the entire article here:

The Mansion

Gables just filed plans for an apartment development at Piedmont and Lindbergh Circle that will include a 96,000 sq ft grocery store and 17,000 sq ft of retail.

Is this the same Gables that owns Metropolitan at the Perimeter? That is now my new home. I just moved from Charlotte after being there for over ten years. A sad move as I will miss the Queen city, but all in all Atlanta was once my home too, so I plan to make the best of it.

A2

Is this the same Gables that owns Metropolitan at the Perimeter? That is now my new home. I just moved from Charlotte after being there for over ten years. A sad move as I will miss the Queen city, but all in all Atlanta was once my home too, so I plan to make the best of it.

A2

Welcome back to Atlanta A2. I can only imagine how terribly you will miss Charlotte. You were one if her biggest fans. I hope you stint here in our lovely city will be enjoyable. Look at it on the bright side, you are now 4 hours closer to your family in Birmingham. :)

OMG, the third one down (i.e., w the conceptual name paces plaza hotel & residences) is truly frightening! Sorry folks, I've expressed my voice before on the SoB and I'm trying to keep quiet, but this one really takes the cake. I hope Verge was right when he said last month these renderings don't mean much!

Paces Plaza hotel & residences is the boutique hotel planned for the development.

Assuming thats brick, I personally find brick residential towers to be quite attractive.

such as this one near St. Louis

clayton-plz-v-hero.jpg

clayton-plz2sm.jpgclayton-plz1sm.jpg

Welcome back to Atlanta A2. I can only imagine how terribly you will miss Charlotte. You were one if her biggest fans. I hope you stint here in our lovely city will be enjoyable. Look at it on the bright side, you are now 4 hours closer to your family in Birmingham. :)

Thanks LC for the kind welcome :) . I am definately staying a fan of Charlotte even being back in ATL, especially since I will be back at least once every six weeeks or so on business. However, now I can start to look forward at all the exciting things happening in ATL. I am already spending hours at night watching the Gov't station and trying to put my finger on all of the happenings going on in Atlanta. (Gee, I am such a geek. :P )

(ps-- the closer drive to B'ham is not bad either.)

A2

Paces Plaza hotel & residences is the boutique hotel planned for the development.

Assuming thats brick, I personally find brick residential towers to be quite attractive.

such as this one near St. Louis

clayton-plz-v-hero.jpg

clayton-plz2sm.jpgclayton-plz1sm.jpg

Brick can indeed be a nice facade on mid or high-rise buildings, however I find the Paces Plaza rendering to be quite bland.

I have to say I think it looks nice, but I will be the first to admit I don't know what makes a building good looking from the architectural standpoint.

This must have been really fun for the future residents of the Mansion.....

Future residents get sneak peek at rising Mansion.

Today was the day designated to celebrate the topping off of the Mansion on Peachtree. At 580 feet, it is quickly becoming one of Buckhead's more prominent signature towers.

another view of it

9-15-07025b.jpg

Note:The red dirt on the left is where Two Alliance Center is going and you can also see Parc @ Buckhead behind One Alliance

Edited by Martinman

It's really amazing how much buckhead is prospering. It's screwing downtown out of all of the new buisnesses lol! Anyway I moved away from Atlanta to Nashville (and then on up to Chicago next year) a few months ago in may. I miss it already (but not the traffic). When I moved, buckhead already had a lot going up but now its got even more! Congrats! I hope Dunwoody is taking notes. Maybe someday they'll be able to catch up!

another view of it

9-15-07025b.jpg

Note:The red dirt on the left is where Two Alliance Center is going and you can also see Parc @ Buckhead behind One Alliance

The Mansion on Peachtree is so regal. I know some people like earth shattering designs but it's understatedly elegant designs like this building that always makes my heart flutter.

Also in this picture Martinman one can see in the upper right center part of the picture the construction site for 3630 Peachtree. It's right behind Wieuca Road Baptist Church...or should I say to the right by this vantage point. I am understanding correctly that the 38 story Hilton planned for Buckhead is going where that parking lot is just south of the MOP?

I am understanding correctly that the 38 story Hilton planned for Buckhead is going where that parking lot is just south of the MOP?

Celeste, yes. It will take in the site of the Christian Science church and share a plaza with Maggiano's. There's a condo tower planned behind the hotel but obviously the market is a bit anemic right now.

What is going up on Peachtree and Piedmont right beside the eight story Hyatt Place and in front of the Rock Bottom? I was asking one of the construction workers and he mentioned that it will be a high rise Apartment complex. I was kind of shocked since it is a rather small parcel. If it is going to be a high rise (whch it is) then does anyone have a rendering and know how tall it will be???

(sorry if this has already been discussed earlier in this thread)

Thanks,

A2

Its a development known as Buckhead Place and it'll a 20 story apartment building. I'm not sure if thats actually the name of the tower but I think theres also another building planned for that development. Below is a rendering that was released when the project was announced last year. Ive not seen a rendering of the 20 story tower.

buckheadplace8hr.png

Its a development known as Buckhead Place and it'll a 20 story apartment building. I'm not sure if thats actually the name of the tower but I think theres also another building planned for that development. Below is a rendering that was released when the project was announced last year. Ive not seen a rendering of the 20 story tower.

buckheadplace8hr.png

Thanks Martinman! I actually was staying at the Hyatt Place on the side where the construction was taking place and it annoyed the hell out of me. They started work at 5 AM each morning and the noise was way too much for me. I am glad it is going up, just upset I had to be staying in that hotel that was right next to the loud site. When I am on the road I need my Z's, or else I am worthless the next day :wacko: (thankfully I am moving to ATL next week so I will be in Hotels a lot less.)

Thanks again for the post Martinman! :thumbsup:

A2

Edited by A2

Martinman, have you seen any renderings for the addition to SOB I mentioned above?

I'll admit, I don't have a good understanding of where any of the buildings are going. It could be one of the buildings in the renderings we've seen.

That sounds more likely....in that case, it's about right for a Trader Joe's...which should do well there.

Its either a 9,600 sf TJ's or a 96,000 sf Kroger.

I just read where Kroger has a new plan is to open even larger stores, from 70,000-113,000k sf and stock more non-food items in an attempt to compete with the Walmarts and SuperTargets.

Edited by Martinman