Buckhead District Developments

ironchapman

I'll admit, I don't have a good understanding of where any of the buildings are going. It could be one of the buildings in the renderings we've seen.

Martinman, the renderings I've seen thus far are for the original part of SOB. These two new towers in the 3 Dollar Cafe block are an expansion of the original project. (The DRI for this new section was only submitted on 7/30/07 and was turned around quickly with approval on 8/30/07).

Martinman, the renderings I've seen thus far are for the original part of SOB. These two new towers in the 3 Dollar Cafe block are an expansion of the original project. (The DRI for this new section was only submitted on 7/30/07 and was turned around quickly with approval on 8/30/07).

OK I gotcha. I see that it also includes office space and the renderings I've seen are all hotel/residential.

The Business Chronicle has more info on whats going up at the "Parcel 1"

Barry Hotel Partners will develop the Hotel Monaco -- a Kimpton luxury boutique hotel with 283 rooms with a construction start next year.

Ben Carter Properties will develop Buckhead Esplanade, a 300,000 square feet office tower, and 55,000 square feet of ground-level retail and restaurant space. Construction starts planned for Winter 2008.

This is the third of four hotels planned for The Streets of Buckhead

1 Hotel & Residences

175 rooms and 30 condos

Paces Plaza Hotel and Residences

100 rooms and 42 residences.

Edited by Martinman

The AJC has a Hotel Monaco rendering. This may be just a conceptual rendering since it looks a lot like a building that was proposed in Midtown back in 2000.

image_5884148.jpg

Edit: Also the Paces Plaza boutique hotel was scrapped in favor of an "ultra-luxury" international brand which will be announced soon.

Edited by Martinman

Per the ABC:

Regent Partners LLC said Monday it has lined up Fresh 2 Order (f2o), a second public restaurant for its mixed-use 50-story development in Buckhead.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories...ml?ana=from_rss

I'm REALLY excited about this. Working at 3390, there is a substantial lack of convenient and quick places to grab something to eat or a coffee without having to walk into the mall.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have anymore info on this development in Buckhead? I don't know if it is really going to be built or just a concept but I found it on the Yamasaki Inc website under their portfolio. This is just titled Buckhead mixed-use development.

Just go to http://www.yamasakiinc.com/flash/index_en.asp

Then click on portfolio and by typology

Then residential & mixed use

Finally go to page 2 and you will find the renderings

You will also see on page one is the bella verde development that was planned for Gwinnett awhile back.

The plan calls for .....

3,080,000 SF Residential Space

311,000 SF Retail Space

117,000 SF Hotel

Could that be something planned for the front parking lots of Lenox Square? It says that the project would include a shopping mall. It doesn't say that they will be buildingt the mall, but then again it doesn't say much of anything.

• 1 month later...