Bible Land!

elguapo731

I just need to step in a little and say be careful about slamming Christians or any other group. I dont think we have gotten there yet, but one word can lead to another and before long someones feelings are hurt or someone else is angry. I dont think you can throw all Christians into one category, just as you would not be able to do that with any group; political, religious, or what ever the group is.

Just keep it civil and try not to stray off target too much. I dont want anyone to get into trouble here. :)

My thoughts on the Bible Park are that if someone wants to build it and someone wants to spend the money to go to it, then let it happen. The guy already has one in Orlando and it could be a draw for more Theme type parks in the area. Just think if we had 3 or 4 or even more like the Orlando area. Then we are a tourist draw. I dont think this is a bad thing, however I do have personal issues using Christ or the Bible to make money. It a very hard call, but it is his choice and he will reap the reward or consequences as far as his conscience goes. It depends on his motivation.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My thoughts on the Bible Park are that if someone wants to build it and someone wants to spend the money to go to it, then let it happen. The guy already has one in Orlando and it could be a draw for more Theme type parks in the area. Just think if we had 3 or 4 or even more like the Orlando area. Then we are a tourist draw. I dont think this is a bad thing, however I do have personal issues using Christ or the Bible to make money. It a very hard call, but it is his choice and he will reap the reward or consequences as far as his conscience goes. It depends on his motivation.

Point taken. As far as the neighborhood around the park in Wilson County, I dont think there is one. It is out in an area that is from my understanding in the middle of no where close to a Home Depot right off the Interstate. As far as a draw for tourist, I guess we will have to wait and see. He evidently has enough people visit the park in Orlando to be able to open one here in the middle of the Bible Belt. I know people here that would drop everything to go to this one on a Sunday afternoon, but not me. I need a roller coaster or 9 or ten of them to make me happy.

• 3 months later...

Oh man if this doesn't send up a red flag, then I don't know if this thing can be stopped. A theme park in Myrtle Beach, SC (Hard Rock Park) which just opened in June just filed for bankruptcy. The connection to Bible Land is one of the developers involved here assisted in building the rock and roll theme park.

Bible Park investor's other park shuts down

Archived