Bible Land!

elguapo731

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a dream last night that Chaos was revived. Nashville is overdue for another good theme park. It will be a decade this December that Gaylord closed the doors on Opryland.

My ideal for Nashville is that a good family oriented theme park be built that can accomodate everyone of all backgrounds and let it grow from there. Like Opryland, it can grow with the market demands, minus the corporate greed. Hopefully another Chaos. God I miss that ride...

I had a dream last night that Chaos was revived. Nashville is overdue for another good theme park. It will be a decade this December that Gaylord closed the doors on Opryland.

My ideal for Nashville is that a good family oriented theme park be built that can accomodate everyone of all backgrounds and let it grow from there. Like Opryland, it can grow with the market demands, minus the corporate greed. Hopefully another Chaos. God I miss that ride...

"each car accomodates two riders"

"access three control has been terminated"

If you really wanna go back in time, go listen to the soundtrack if you can find it. The song was "Bones on the Beach" by Michael Hoenig. It's been out of print for well over a decade.

Chaos_03_.JPG

RIP old friend.

By the way, I did a little bit of research, and apparently two former Opryland coasters are still in operation. Hangman is now Kong at a Six Flags in the Bay Area, and the Rockin' Roller Coaster is now Canyon Blaster at Six Flags Great Escape in Lake George, NY. Here is a photo of it:

800px-Canyon_Blaster_1.JPG

• 1 year later...

There was a report on channel 4 yesterday that the site that is considered the best is right @ I 40 and 840. If this thing is built, then this site is considerably better than the one in Murfreesboro.

There was also a report that the Ole South Amusement park considered in Moore County is looking at property off of 840 as well. The land deal fell through.

I must make a notation that I am note going to be a big fan of either of these two parks if built based on what I have seen to date.

TBN owns the holy land experience in Orlando. That park is in no way affiliated with BPUSA. TBN bought it to save it from closing.

I bet if you asked 10 people in every major city in America what they think of when they think of Nashville, 9 would say Country music. I think we're a long way from "Cosmopolitan" and I think that's a good thing. Seatlle and San Francisco already exist, why do we need to change Nashville?

I was opposed to BPUSA being built in Rutherford mainly because this guy seems too much like Jim Balsille - an outsider wanting to use us to make a quick buck. But at the same time if Wilson County wants it, let them have it.

Cripes man, If they did build one....well I'd just have to move in....become one of the exibits lol

Now back to the subject at hand. Personally, I think that if this park was to be built anywhere in Metro Nashville, it would be a blow to the prestige of the area. I think a lot of people are now begining to see Nashville Metro, as an up and coming, hip, cosmopolitan, people and business friendly area, and by building this park, it would do nothing but rehash memories of the old conservative backwards 'old south' mentality. I also personally think that TBN (owners of the said park that is looking to move to the Metro) is one of the biggest scam artists out there these days. I'll not go into detail as to why, as I do not wish to start something or offend anyone. I will say that these people are always 'raising money for Jesus' so to speak, but alot of the programs and religious programs they put on are very...hmmm....narrow minded, and very non-tolerant of other religions and beliefs, which is not something a growing and progressive city such as Nashville needs to have in their back yard.

For one thing trying to mis-equate conservative and backwards is laughable at best but a debate for another time. I agree the biggest problem with Christianity is us Christians and a lot of the programs are scams. Our church has a precept we go by...if God guides, God provides. In other words if God is behind it, He will help see it through. So when I see a brother in Christ on TV literally begging for money to prevent his ministry from going down the tubes I cringe. That shows me a complete lack of faith in the One he has supposedly anchored his life to.

As far as the over-used and mis-defined tagline that non-believers use towards Christians like "intolerant" and "non-progressive" is total absurdity. We do not accept other religions as correct I.E. we believe Christ is the only way. That's our belief take it or leave it. To disagree with another religion is not intolerant. To verbally abuse or otherwise be mean to said person of another religion is intolerant. Nobody has ever been led to Christ through insults or other belittling slogans since we all fall short.

While having a theme park devoted to the Bible is still up for debate, the ridiculous misconception that somehow it denotes a lack of progressiveness is a rather intolerant and backwards in itself.

Archived