Amtrak - Portland to Seattle

gs3

Hi guys. A quick question on Portland. I'll be there in a couple of weeks for several days and then going on to Seattle. I've decided to take the train for a change of scenery. I'm fairly familiar with downtown Portland and the Pioneer Place / Fifth Ave / Broadway areas. Is the train station close to this area?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys. A quick question on Portland. I'll be there in a couple of weeks for several days and then going on to Seattle. I've decided to take the train for a change of scenery. I'm fairly familiar with downtown Portland and the Pioneer Place / Fifth Ave / Broadway areas. Is the train station close to this area?

If you have the choice of times to take the train, be sure to take the Coast Starlight, one of Amtrak's best trains. The other trains on the route aren't bad at all, but the CS has better amenities overall, being one of the flagships of Amtrak. If you spring for a first class seat, you can use the Pacific Parlour Car (their fussy spelling, not mine), which offers wine tastings and even a small movie theater below. It's been some time since I have taken this train, but as far as I know, the heavy amenities are still there. The dining car offers food which is marginally above the standard plastic train fare too.

Thanks for the info guys! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to taking the train. I usually make this trip via I-5 and for whatever reason, seems I-5 has a few boring areas. Great to hear the train goes through some of the scenic areas that I-5 bypasses. :thumbsup:

Archived